Communications & Development Coordinator - TechPoint Foundation for Youth
- 16-Sep-2019 to 18-Oct-2019
- - TechPoint Foundation For Youth
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are seeking a confident and outgoing person who will be responsible for externally presenting TPF4Y to the broader community through media opportunities, social channels, website, blog, and enewsletters, as well as providing development support via our donor database, events, and appeals.
As a leader in STEM education efforts for the state of Indiana, TechPoint Foundation for Youth (TPF4Y) is committed to providing our state's K-12 students, especially those typically underrepresented in STEM industry, with equal opportunities to explore experiential STEM learning opportunities. We believe that Indiana's youth should not only be equipped to address the growing talent demand for a skilled STEM workforce, but also inspired to do so. We are, and continue to be, the leader in connecting youth-serving organizations, STEM programs, and STEM industry, accelerating high-impact STEM programs, and stewarding vital opportunities for the benefit of Indiana's student populations.
Purpose of Position:
The Communications & Development Coordinator is responsible for externally presenting TPF4Y to the broader community through media opportunities, social channels, website, blog, and enewsletters. The Communications & Development Coordinator will also work with the Director of Advancement to provide development support for events, electronic and direct mail appeals, and maintenance of the Foundation's donor database.
The following functions have been determined by the Foundation to be essential to the successful performance of this position including, but not limited to:
1. Implementing the Foundation's communications strategy.
● Under the direction of the Director of Advancement, and with the support of the Communications Committee of the Board of Directors, implement a comprehensive communications plan for the Foundation.
● Manage all social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and develop relevant content that aligns with the communications plan.
● Work with the Foundation's program staff to develop communication project plans for all relevant programs, events, and grants.
● Prepare materials for and represent the Foundation at external marketing events.
● Design basic visual content as needed.
● Work with a contract-based designer on larger projects as needed.
2. Generating opportunities to share the Foundation's impact through stories.
● Manage the Foundation's website, ensuring fresh content is added and existing content remains up-to-date.
● Manage the Foundation's blog by developing ideas and writing engaging posts.
● Manage the Foundation's e-communication through newsletters, eblasts, etc.
● Provide timely media alerts, press releases, quotes, and arrange interviews to ensure the Foundation's accomplishments are highlighted statewide.
● Maintain relationships with local and statewide media.
3. Providing staff support to the Communications Committee of the Foundation's Board of Directors.
● Assist senior staff and committee members in setting and executing the communication goals and objectives outlined in the strategic plan.
● Track the communications and marketing budget.
● Prepare materials for committee meetings.
● Assist in the orientation of new committee members.
● Support the work of volunteers within the committee, especially the Chair and Vice-Chair.
● Ensure that the committee is functioning ethically and within the stated bylaws of the Foundation.
4. Providing development support services alongside the Director of Advancement.
● Manage the Foundation's Check & Gift Log, documenting all gifts, both financial and in-kind, in the donor database.
● Coordinate the monthly gift acknowledgment process for corporate, individual, and in-kind donations.
● Generate reports using the donor database.
● Fulfill data entry/tracking needs as necessary.
5. Assisting the Director of Advancement with all fundraising events.
● Serve as the project coordinator for development-related events.
● Maintain event budgets, licenses, insurance, and other key event-related activities.
● Provide communications support for events including social media, blog, enews, website, and event ticketing to ensure event success.
● Create event signage and printed materials to ensure all donors and stakeholders are appropriately recognized.
● All other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
The following are the qualifications and minimum requirements necessary for a person to perform this job:
● Passion for the mission and vision of the Foundation
● Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
● Impeccable verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write clearly with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
● Excellent organizational and workload prioritization skills
● Ability to organize, facilitate and manage projects, events, and meetings in an efficient and effective manner
● Ability to work effectively as part of an "all hands on deck" team and work independently with little to no supervision
● Ability to effectively interact and communicate with others in a professional and appropriate manner
● Some prior experience in nonprofit communications, marketing, social media, fundraising, and event planning preferred
● Graphic design or visual communications experience a plus
● Knowledge of web design, content management systems (CMS) and web analytics a plus
● Knowledge of video creation and editing a plus
● Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) tools, specifically donor databases, a plus
● Understanding and adherence to high standards of ethics and confidentiality
● Working knowledge of general office equipment, including computer-based word processing and spreadsheet packages, proficiency with MS Office products and Google Drive products preferred
● Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
● Ability to travel statewide and attend off-premise events
● Possession of a valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by October 18th.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com