Counseling & Testing Specialist, Bi-Lingual - Indianapolis Urban League
- 23-Sep-2019 to 22-Oct-2019
- - Indianapolis Urban League
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Counseling and Testing Specialist will be expected to make at least fifteen (15) educational presentations, and test at least ninety (90) individuals in various settings per quarter (3 months). Educational presentations should be designed to elicit the greatest number of test, and incorporate risk-reduction and behavior change concepts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide free education to individuals and groups regarding the correlation of substance use and HIV disease.
• Offer free confidential HIV risk assessments, testing, and pre and post test counseling to all newly admitted patients of Department of Mental Health Addictions, certified substance abuse treatment facilities in Indiana.
• Offer free confidential HIV risk assessments, testing, and pre and post test counseling to all individuals in Indiana identified as impacted by substance abuse.
• Conduct HIV educational sessions at correctional facilities, schools, youth groups, health fairs, and any other facility that needs HIV education.
• Complete and submit quarterly service provision reports to Indiana State Department of Health by the 15th of the month following the end of the quarter.
• Establish and maintain a formal relationship with local health departments within the testing counselor's region.
• Refer newly diagnosed HIV+ clients to the Support Specialist who will provide a continuum of care.
• Enter HIV client date into the computer and maintain client files.
• Attend mandatory training sessions as required by the Indiana State Department of Health and the Indianapolis Urban League.
• Refer clients for other testing such as sexually transmitted infections testing and Hepatitis C testing.
• Some evening and weekend hours required
• Work as a team member to achieve department goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be bi-lingual, and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individual must be patient, honest, objective, committed, reliable, and genuinely likes and values working with people. Must be comfortable working with minority or disadvantaged people, and have excellent listening skills, also be attentive, and perceptive with an ability to notice and respond to what is communicated directly or indirectly.
Individual must demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills; pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A High School Diploma, or GED Equivalent
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral form. Also have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic computer skills are required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Indiana State Department of Health Counseling/Testing Certification preferred, but not required.
Phlebotomy Certificate preferred, but not required.
Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com