Senior Accountant - Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- 23-Sep-2019 to 22-Oct-2019
- - Roman Catholic Archdiocese
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis is seeking a Full-Time Senior Accountant, to join our team in downtown Indianapolis. The Archdiocese places a strong emphasis on work-life balance and career satisfaction. This includes a 4-day work week (35 hours = full time), Christmas break, in addition to vacation/sick and other benefits. We also support and provide opportunities for employee's continuing professional development.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for a wide array of analysis, reconciliation, and reporting. This includes ownership of accounting functions for several areas, including, Archdiocesan Deposit & Loan Fund, property & health insurance plans, United Catholic Appeal, mission office, Catholic Cemeteries, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, deferred revenue, and bank reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will work extensively in Sage Intacct and will need to be able to work with non-accounting users to help monitor and analyze spending through custom reports and dashboards.
• Monthly reconciliation and quarterly analysis of Archdiocesan Deposit and Loan Fund (ADLF).
• Analyze and reconcile multiple high-volume bank accounts.
• Work closely with other OAS staff to ensure all cash entries are posted timely.
• Record and reconcile monthly pledges and campaign revenue and adjustments.
• Maintain and reconcile records for fixed assets and prepaid expenses.
• Process Mission office accounting and reporting.
• Record and report on all accounting activity for property & health insurance plans.
• Review, analyze reports, and meet with parishes throughout the year to review results of Parish Internal Control Assessments and advise on best practices.
• Prepare monthly summary entry for Catholic Cemeteries, using information from outside management company.
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree, with major in Accounting
• At least two years of accounting experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel (demonstrated ability in working with pivot tables,
v-lookups, and other similar functions).
• Thorough knowledge of GAAP (NFP accounting experience preferred, but not required).
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team in a variety of settings.
• Ability to look at problems analytically and solve them creatively.
• Ability to be a self-starter and to think outside the box.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Experience with Sage Intacct is a plus, but not required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume, and list of references, in confidence, or mail to: Human Resources, Archdiocese of Indianapolis, 1400 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46202
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com