Career Coach - La Plaza
- 07-Oct-2019 to 06-Nov-2019
- - La Plaza Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
La Plaza's Career Coach provides career coaching services to clients interested in career development and employment. The Career Coach uses the co-active model to assist client in determining their strengths, barriers, and skills related to employment. Using this information, the Career Coach, along with client develops a career pathway plan outlining the services necessary for success. Follow-up for purposes of retention and advancement is an essential function of this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct intake and assessment of clients interested in receiving workforce development services.
• Provide clients with career coaching.
• Assist clients in developing a career pathway plan outlining the services necessary for success.
• Maintains a caseload of workforce development clients for purposes of providing ongoing support to assure success.
• Connect clients to La Plaza Access programs and services.
• Purposefully engage with clients to develop a professional relationship to provide services.
• Conduct training for groups of clients.
• Enter and maintains information into La Plaza's date base (ETO)
• Collects information from employers necessary to verify job placement and retention.
• Conducts employer visits as necessary to assist client maintain their employment.
• Maintains productive relationships with employers that hire clients.
• Conducts orientation sessions.
• Works in team environment to ensure client success.
• Represents La Plaza at community events.
• Perform other job-related responsibilities as necessary.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred but related experience or training can be substituted for formal education.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish including written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of variety of Workforce Development strategies.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers and to work as a team member.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word - word processing software and Excel and ETO - database software.
• Ability to work with and understand diverse populations.
• Good decision making and problem solving skills
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter to Miriam Acevedo Davis
Any questions may be directed by email to Miriam Acevedo Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com