Chief Executive Officer - Mapleton Fall Creek Development Corporation (MFCDC)
- 07-Oct-2019 to 24-Oct-2019
- - Mapleton Fall Creek/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive compensation
- Full Time
Do you enjoy being in the middle of the action? Are you excited by the energy of an urban neighborhood that is growing and becoming the best it can be for neighbors and businesses? MFCDC is seeking a visionary new leader to guide its next chapter as it continues to work for the benefit of all neighbors and anticipates the impact of the new Red Line bus service and multi-dimensional Central@29 development - bringing together multi-family, mixed use, mixed-income rental, home ownership, and retail.
The MFCDC is focused on preserving affordability and building community as the neighborhood real estate market heats up. The mid-north area is unique and features a wide range of current and potential community partners, including: Multiple church partners, Ivy Tech, The Children's Museum, Newfield's, Crown Hill, United Way of Central Indiana, Lilly Endowment, and the Indiana State Fairgrounds. The MFCDC is a well-known and well-regarded CDC with an established record of success engaging the neighborhoods and a solid board & staff team.
The MFCDC is searching for a highly engaged CEO who will be a change agent in transforming the mid-north area. Near-term priorities include strengthening community partnerships, attracting and creating more businesses in the neighborhoods, diversifying revenue streams and refreshing the strategic plan. The CEO will identify and implement development strategies that will serve the varied economic interests of the community and optimize housing and business/workforce opportunities for all income levels and generations.
The MFCDC CEO reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall management of the community development corporation and its subsidiaries, including community relations, retention and supervision of staff, financial and facility management. This is a heavy connecting and relationship-building role. He or she will lead the development, implementation and monitoring of all aspects of MFCDC's operation including administration, real estate development and, property management, programming, budgeting, financial management, personnel, marketing, fundraising and community relations. The ideal candidate will have at least five years' experience in a community development or economic development setting as well as a bachelor's degree (master's preferred), though significant experience may be substituted. Recent supervisory/management experience is important in partnering with a capable staff team of 7. MFC is seeking a diverse slate of candidates for this exciting opportunity
Experience and Knowledge
• Strong leader, experienced working with board, staff and community partners/funders
• Familiarity with affordable housing funding, production, management
• Progressively responsible experience in economic or community development.
• Able to assemble and manage a financial budget
• Well-connected in Indianapolis or proven relationship-building skills in another community
• Initiative, creativity and a proven track-record of retaining, expanding and recruiting businesses
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to build trusting relationships with corporate CEOs, nonprofit partners, church leaders, and neighbors.
• Demonstrated ability to share vision and inspire people to reach ambitious goals
• Fund-raising and grant writing experience and the ability to broaden the organization's investor base
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• A heart for the neighborhoods and driven to make a difference
• Entrepreneurial spirit, strategic, creative and innovative
• Ability and desire to work effectively with people from diverse cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds, with a thorough understanding of cultural differences
• Ability to communicate complex concepts to local neighborhood representatives and external stakeholders with diverse levels of experience and understanding.
• High energy, well-organized, results-driven and persistent
• High integrity, open and committed to working in partnership with the Board
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1) Why would leading Mapleton Fall Creek Development Corporation (MFCDC) be a great match for you?
2) Provide an example of how you have taken on a leadership role to bring people, organizations and/or resources together to make a part of Indianapolis or your current community a better place to live.
3) Briefly share how you have effectively engaged board members to increase the impact and funding of your organization.
4) Briefly describe your experience in community and/or economic development, including developing project funding and managing finances. What do you see as the "cutting edge" of community development work?
5) Share your experience in establishing or strengthening community partnerships for co-investment?
6) Share one or two recent successes that you've experienced in attracting financial resources for an important project or initiative. What were the key barriers you had to overcome in raising the money?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com