Grants Manager - Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- 14-Oct-2019 to 13-Dec-2019
- - Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Serve as grant writer for ISO Development office.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write, edit and assemble foundation and government grant proposals and reports for assigned
• Research grant and reporting requirements as assigned.
• Gather required grant and report information from internal and external sources.
• Communicate with Institutional Giving contacts as required.
• Write additional forms of business communication, including but not limited to: solicitation letters, acknowledgement letters, invoices, program descriptions, funder presentations, and meeting agendas.
• Actively participate in Institutional Giving team initiatives.
• Maintain contact information and tasks for foundations and government agencies in Tessitura database.
• Manage foundation and government agency data integrity in Tessitura database.
• Coordinate Tessitura contact reports, reminder reports and updates for Institutional Giving team
• Attend events throughout the season, encouraging the development of personal relationships with the Symphony's donor family.
• Assist with Symphony on the Prairie and Yuletide stewardship events as assigned.
• Assist in Founder's Room as needed.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Minimum two years of successful fundraising experience is required.
• Possess proven planning, verbal and written communication skills in the nonprofit sector.
• Must be able to work within an administrative group, accept supervision, be a team member and work effectively with and motivate volunteers at all levels.
• Working knowledge of and/or proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Tessitura database system.
Contact with staff at all levels and musicians. Contact with Board members, donors, sponsors, prospects, and volunteers.
CONTENT OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:
Direct contact with a broad range of confidential information
Position requires someone with excellent planning, and verbal and written communication skills, preferably with an understanding of the fundraising process and the psychology of individual, corporate and foundation giving. Must be detail-oriented and well-organized. Must be able to manage multiple projects and to meet overlapping deadlines. Must be able to work with a variety of constituents, as well as possess the confidence and competence to working independently in order to produce the final product.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com