Campaign Coordinator - Indianapolis Zoo
- 21-Oct-2019 to 15-Nov-2019
- - Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- competitive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 403b; Paid Time Off; paid holidays) after 90 days of employment
The Indianapolis Zoo is looking for the ideal candidate to join its advancement team! If you are an organized, detailed, professional possessing flexibility, creativity and problem-solving skills, then the position of Campaign Coordinator might be right for you.
The Indianapolis Zoo is seeking a Campaign Coordinator to participate as a key member of its advancement team. The Campaign Coordinator will help provide the tactical implementation for the Indianapolis Zoo's capital campaign. This candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Advancement in executing the Zoo's campaign plans and will be required to interface with Zoo staff, volunteers and donors on a regular basis. Duties include but are not limited to: organizing the campaign, community fundraising campaigns, special events and activities, donor cultivation, recognition events and generating financial and other reports related to the capital campaign.
During the last half-century, the Indianapolis Zoo developed into a global leader in animal conservation and one of the top tourist destinations in Indiana, welcoming more than one million visitors annually. As the largest zoo in the country that receives no direct tax funding, our fundraising team plays an integral role in our organization's success. These talented and dedicated professionals support the Zoo's efforts to save wild things and wild places around the world and close to home.
• At least five years of professional work experience in fundraising preferred;
• A minimum of five (5) years fundraising, administrative, marketing, or communications experience.
• Knowledge of the Indianapolis community and surrounding communities.
• Experience in creating and working with volunteers and donors.
• Familiarity in working with volunteer organizations and reporting to committee leadership structures required. Familiarity with the Zoo's mission and general organization is preferred.
• Proven history in organizing fundraising events and activities.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral communication skills and writing ability.
• Proficiency in accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
• Ability to multi-task; handle stressful situations and constant deadline pressures.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including long hours around campaign activities and attend one or two (sometimes more) after-hours or weekend committee meetings or events per month.
• Strong professional background and some knowledge of cultural activities and organizations a plus. Prefer Indianapolis residency of several years.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate field.
• At least three professional references (not relatives) are required.
Although the Campaign Coordinator position is a Full-Time Regular position, it is limited to the duration of the campaign. It is anticipated that the position will end in 2023 or 2024.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Nov 15. A cover letter and résumé must be attached to the online application. In the "Position Desired" section of the application, please put "Campaign Coordinator."
Please include compensation requirement in your attached cover letter or enter it on the online application.
To help ensure receipt of your online application, we recommend applicants use a computer running Windows XP or higher, with at least Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment training, drug testing, criminal history checks and a BMV check.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a Child Safe/ Drug-Free/ Smoke-Free/ EOE Workplace.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com