President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Easterseals Crossroads
- 21-Oct-2019 to 22-Nov-2019
- - Easterseals Crossroads/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary, full benefits, bonus opportunity
Organization Overview: Nationally recognized, award winning nonprofit seeking a dynamic, seasoned senior executive to lead our $16 million, 200 staff organization as we provide a full continuum of assistance to over 7,200 children and adults with disabilities and special needs annually. For over 80 years, Easterseals Crossroads has supported individuals and their families in addressing life's challenges, becoming more independent, and achieving their personal goals. Easterseals Crossroads has established a substantial endowment for financial stability and strategic growth.
Easterseals Crossroads also operates Crossroad Industrial Services, a multi-million-dollar industrial services operation employing individuals with disabilities and contributing to the on-going financial support of the agency. Over the past four years, CIS has purchased and integrated two small manufacturing businesses to continue to grow job opportunities and income.
Our consumers include children and adults with developmental, sensory or physical disabilities. Our services include:
o First Steps and Early Intervention Services
o Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy for Children
o Summer Programs – CampAbility; Camp R.O.C.K.S.(Autism), Lose the Training Wheels (learn to ride a bicycle), and Gadget Camp (augmentative communication).
o Respite Services
o Autism Services, including the new Autism Family Resource Center
o Employment and Veteran Services, including School to Work
o Adult Day Services
o Deaf Community Services
o Assistive Technology Services, statewide
o Other Adult services - Driver Evaluation and Training, Home Modification, Augmentative and Alternative Communication
o Crossroads Industrial Services – ISO-certified contractor with business, government, military that provides employment options and operates as a social enterprise to generate income for underfunded services
Easterseals Crossroads is certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Position Summary: The CEO is hired by, reports to, and is evaluated by the Board of Directors. In partnership with the board, the CEO defines organizational direction and strategy. The CEO is ultimately responsible for all aspects of the organization's work, including recruiting and managing the leadership team members, approval of staff positions, developing, overseeing and evaluating programs, resource development, public relations, advocacy, facility management, and financial management.
Supervises: Key Management Team (Vice President - Workforce Development Services, Vice President – Technology/Autism Services, Medical Director, CFO, Chief Business and Development Officer, Director of Human Resources); Admin Assistant
Key Results Areas:
Strategic Performance – The CEO positions the organization in the marketplace and develops a sustainable business model to achieve its goals
Leadership Performance – The CEO provides leadership in all areas of the Agency,
Operational Performance - The CEO manages the organization according to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations and directives, including those impacting program and service delivery, quality standards, generally accepted accounting principles, employment processes, etc.
Financial Management – The CEO formulates and manages the annual budget, develops and implements policies for the efficient use of resources and oversees the investment and utilization of endowment assets.
Fund Development – The CEO takes proactive steps to increase financial resources including grants, planned giving, annual funds, events/fundraising, endowments, programs, businesses (e.g. CIS), and other sources of public and private dollars.
Stakeholder Relationships - The CEO must positively influence a variety of stakeholders to ensure organizational success, including board, staff, policy makers, public representatives, consumers, and funders.
Board Partnership - Works as a team with the board chair, officers, and executive committee in making and implementing board decisions, coordinating work of board committees, developing goals and long-range planning, and in evaluating progress towards the established goals.
Personal Attributes and Critical Skills:
• Superior level of personal and business integrity and ethics
• Connection to and passion for work in the field of people with disabilities. Appreciation for the aspirations and abilities of clients and their families
• Ability to develop and sustain a positive, inclusive and diverse culture within the organization.
• Strategic skills, planning as well as tactical skills, and ability to execute through others.
• Ability to analyze financial information, recognize trends, and make decisions. Can operate within a budget.
• Proactive leadership style
• Effective staff development and supervisory skills, including recruiting, teaching, coaching, mentoring, and terminating. Can hold others accountable for performance.
• Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, economic levels, and roles both within the organization and the community.
Ideal Education and Experience:
• 10 + years of senior-level management experience, prefer at least 5 years in a position relevant to the work of Easterseals Crossroads
• Substantial familiarity with the nonprofit sector and the culture differences from the business sector – mission-driven; consensus building and shared leadership; collaborative.
• Advanced degree preferred. Bachelor's Degree required.
• Multiple years leadership experience and budget management in a similarly complex organization; relevant management experience in a human services organization
• Experience in public policy, program development, and program management
• Established relationships with area government, healthcare systems, business, and philanthropy.
• Demonstrated success in developing a vision, leading people, and aligning an organization around that shared vision
• Substantial experience in working in positive relationship with volunteer boards.
• Proven track record and experience in fund raising (including major gifts and planned giving), and the ability to personally do "the ask".
• Proficient with the use of technology for communication, accessing information, and able to identify opportunities for technology-based improvements
• Familiarity or experience reviewing/evaluating for-profit businesses or product offerings for partnership/acquisition
• Experience with strategic partnerships and nonprofit collaborations/mergers
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Works effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment.
• Handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes decisions regarding administrative issues.
• Plans and meets deadlines. Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management. Hours may be long and irregular.
• Conveys a professional and positive image and attitude regarding Easterseals Crossroads and the not-for-profit and for-profit sectors.
• Must be able to represent Easterseals Crossroads at meetings locally, in state, out of state.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Briefly describe your connection to the field of supporting people with disabilities and why this is an area of interest or passion for you.
2. This position oversees a broad and complex organization. Please identify which of your past positions have provided you with the leadership experience that will directly apply to this situation.
3. Briefly describe a circumstance where you or your team defined a new program or business opportunity, how you validated it, and then successfully implemented it.
4. Tell us about your experience and success in building relationships with prospective funders and donors.
5. ESC is building key partnerships with healthcare providers, government, and insurance companies. Briefly share your experience developing relationships with strategic partners.
6. What do you see as the two-three most significant trend(s) in our industry right now and how will organizations like ours need to adapt?
Easterseals Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from persons of all races, ethnic backgrounds, disabilities and veterans."
More information on Easterseals Crossroads at: www.EastersealsCrossroads.org
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com