Executive Director - Center for Global Impact
- 21-Oct-2019 to 14-Nov-2019
- - Center for Global Impact/Charitable Advisors
- Franklin, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary and time off, international travel
Empower the poor, protect the vulnerable and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Create a future for at-risk women that offers freedom, dignity and fullness of life. As the Executive Director for Center for Global Impact, you will lead the organization in expanding its mission of providing women with pathways out of poverty through education, vocational training and business development. The current focus of work is in Cambodia where many of those served are survivors or vulnerable to human trafficking. The Executive Director will lead CGI's local operations and oversee international vocational training for at-risk girls and women. Current training programs include an 18-month culinary program that teaches kitchen and restaurant management skills complemented by a CGI-operated restaurant, and a 12-month life-skills program focusing on life skills, spiritual formation and educational support. A fair-trade fashion business, BYTAVI, provides a safe working environment where economically vulnerable women can earn a fair wage. These program operations are partially funded by selling the products produced through CGI's exclusive boutique and a growing portfolio of wholesale clients.
Working from CGI's base of operations in Franklin, Indiana, the Executive Director will motivate, equip and lead eight local staff members, plus a staff in Cambodia, and oversee an annual budget of $1 million. This individual must be a mission-driven leader and fundraiser who is able to shape and execute a long-term strategic plan for growth of programs and expansion of philanthropic revenue. Working closely with the Board of Directors, s/he will establish best practices in the areas of programs, finance, staff and board development, and governance. Exposure to multi-cultural issues and a cultural sensitivity required. Three-year goals include growing philanthropic support, establishing measurable outcomes to evaluate programmatic success and kingdom impact, and expanding operations beyond Cambodia.
• Committed follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for the mission of CGI and recent volunteer or paid ministry leadership experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Non-Profit Management, Social Work, Business Management, Missions or other relevant degree. Significant personal/professional experience also considered.
• 5+ years in a supervisory/management position with a demonstrated track record of contributing to the strategic direction and operational management. Commitment to developing staff locally and in Cambodia.
• Self-motivated, able to determine the best course of action with little oversight across multiple projects and priorities.
• Experience leading revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion, including individual/major gifts, corporate partnerships, planned giving, grant writing and foundational support.
• Ability to engage both domestic and international partners and build strategic alliances in order to mobilize resources in support of CGI's programs and mission.
• Experience developing and implementing an annual operating budget that includes multiple programmatic funders and scopes of work.
• Strong financial and business acumen; understands key business drivers and performance levers.
• Strong interpersonal skills; outstanding verbal and written communication skills including outward facing messaging.
• Experience leading board recruitment, development and retention based on organizational needs.
• Problem solving and the ability to maintain and strengthen a productive, team-oriented work culture.
• Ability to use data and evaluation to improve programs and maximize kingdom impact.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, and work on multiple time zone schedules, as necessary. Must be willing and available to travel to Cambodia at least two times annually for 10-14 days per trip.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What experiences or qualities do you think make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
2. Please describe your experience developing fundraising strategies to achieve organizational sustainability.
3. Describe a time when you used your entrepreneurial and business management skills to expand organizational and/or programmatic capacity.
4. Share your experience attracting resources to an organization by strengthening partnerships with businesses and other community stakeholders.
5. Tell us about an experience you have had working with a nonprofit board of directors and successfully engaging them in the work of the organization.
6. Provide an example of how you developed a leader within your team.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Missions, International, Jesus Christ, human trafficking, Cambodia
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com