Grants Senior Manager - United Way of Central Indiana
- 21-Oct-2019 to 20-Nov-2019
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Low Sixties
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Manage activities primarily, but not exclusively, related to growing the giving and engagement of granting organizations with a focus on securing grants from public sector funders and assist with private and corporate funders. Responsible for renewing and increasing support from existing funders as well as identifying and securing support from new public sector funding sources. Track and ensure grant applications and reports are submitted on time. Coordinate organizational grant seeking and management efforts with Director, Grants and Foundations. Responsible for contract management related to funding agreements for UWCI (incoming and outgoing).
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
At least 5 years of demonstrated history of persuasive writing e.g., grant proposals, reports, research papers, and/or marketing material is required. Experience in government grants management preferred. Bachelor's degree required. Focus in philanthropic studies, public administration, business, marketing or other related field with at least four years business, social services or nonprofit administrative experience preferred. Knowledge of the central Indiana community and the human service sector is preferred.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.