Director of Finance - Sigma Kappa Foundation
- 21-Oct-2019 to 20-Nov-2019
- - Sigma Kappa Foundation
- Carmel, IN, USA
- Full Time
Overview: The Director of Finance will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the executive director. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, administration and IT.
The Director of Finance will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Sigma Kappa Foundation continues to build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Reports to: Executive Director
• Financial: Oversees the financial aspects of the organization and works with executive director to stay on top of needs and best practices.
• Administration: Assist with the implementation of benefits for employees including, but not limited to, managing short and long term disability plan, retirement contributions and health savings accounts.
• Information Technology: Maintain financial software and integration with database. Make recommendations for improvements in this area in consultation with other entities.
• Compliance: Coordinates the annual audit; prepares tax documents and stays current on financial requirements for nonprofits.
• Analyze and prepare financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the executive director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and budget planning.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department's overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the executive director
• Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures as it relates to the area of finance.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including other entities, third-party vendors and consultants.
• Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
• Maintain inventory and related documents
• Prepare tax documents as required.
• Remain up to date on nonprofit financial policies, best practices, laws and tax issues.
• Assist executive director with the implementation and management of areas of human resources including payroll, retirement and insurance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field.
• At least five to seven years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
• The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
• Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
• Experience working with fund accounting
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software, specific preference given to knowledge of iMIS and Financial Edge and the integration of the two.
• Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Sigma Kappa Foundation
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com