Building Superintendent – Crossroads of America Boy Scout Council
- 21-Oct-2019 to 20-Nov-2019
- - Crossroads of America Boy Scout Council
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- generous benefits package
Boy Scouts of America, recently recognized as one of Forbes Best Nonprofits to Work For, is one of the nation's largest, values-based youth development organizations. Our local council, Crossroads of America Council, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, serves 34,000 youth and 7,000 adult volunteers in 26 counties in central Indiana.
Building Superintendent Position
The Building Superintendent is responsible for our headquarters building and grounds, including cleaning duties, select grounds keeping tasks, and building maintenance such as minor plumbing, electrical work, and painting. Responsibilities also include managing all building service contracts and the facility budget. The work hours are 6:30 am to 3:00 pm but could be adjusted to fit the needs of the selected candidate.
• Knowledge in the safe and effective methods for use of cleaning materials and equipment
• Prior plumbing, electrical, and/or HVAC experience preferred
• Knowledge and ability in the use of a variety of power equipment
• Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks, problem solve and work independently
• Clear and professional communication skills in person, in writing and by telephone
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent
• One year or more of custodial or building maintenance work
• Ability to lift and move 40 pounds; bend, stoop and climb; and stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Possess valid Indiana driver's license, vehicle and vehicle insurance
• Offers of employment are subject to criminal and motor vehicle background checks
Compensation and Benefits
Our headquarters building is located in a beautiful park-like setting on the northeast side of Indianapolis. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including
• Major medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
• Disability, accident and life insurance
• Retirement savings plan with significant company match
• Substantial paid time off, starting with 24 days of PTO and 14 paid holidays per year
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com