Major Gifts Officer - Planned Parenthood
- 28-Oct-2019 to 27-Nov-2019
- - Planned Parenthood of Indiana (PPIN)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
In our Development Department, this means a commitment to support Planned Parenthood's mission by cultivating donors and procuring the necessary funds to maintain and grow our important programs and services.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health and well-being of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
Obtains funds by cultivating and soliciting major donors and prospects. Oversees and manages major donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
Maintains and actively grows a portfolio of major donors; communicates personally with donors about areas of interest and the PPGNHI, PPINK, and PPVNH case for support; solicits gifts or pledged bequests from major donors; and thanks donors in thoughtful, creative ways; develops individualized cultivation plans for all donors in portfolio, works with other development team members to actively move donors up into this major donor portfolio, and identifies and cultivates other prospective networks/groups in the assigned state or area.
• Develops strategies to ensure the effective and timely cultivation and solicitation of major gifts and/or planned giving activity.
• Conducts approximately 100 face-to-face major donor/prospect visits each year.
• Keeps top prospects informed, interested, and involved.
• Solicits current and prospective major donors.
• Prepares written materials, including volunteer correspondence, major donor proposals or planned giving proposals.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively with regional volunteers and staff.
• Utilizes senior staff and board members or other volunteers in major donor activities as appropriate, including assigning thank-you calls and preparing talking points on PP news.
• Provides Philanthropy Manager with moves management and solicitation reports.
• Conducts prospect research as needed.
• Serves as effective spokesperson of PPGNHI, PPINK, and PPVNH by establishing knowledge on current local and national issues related to the mission.
• Works with Development Operations team to ensure accurate donor records, pledged bequests, and gift acknowledgement procedures.
• Coordinates and organizes special stewardship events by identifying potential guests; developing announcements and invitations; making and coordinating arrangements; preparing talking points for speakers; and supervising activities.
• Maintains job knowledge by attending meetings and trainings as required.
• Assumes other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Philanthropy Manager, Philanthropy Director, or the VP of Development.
• BA/BS in related field preferred.
• A minimum of four years fundraising experience, including some major donor cultivation and solicitation.
For additional information regarding compensation, pay scales, or total rewards, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequent travel within the state and occasional travel to other states required.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com