Director of Finance - TeenWorks
- 28-Oct-2019 to 25-Nov-2019
- - TeenWorks
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Guided by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, as well as other authoritative sources, the Director of Finance manages TeenWorks' financial matters, develops appropriate reports, and oversees the organization's annual independent audit. This individual supports the organizational mission by achieving financial stability and providing accurate financial reports and analysis of business operations.
● Manage all accounts payable and accounts receivable, including ensuring the timely deposit and accurate recording of funds received and timely data entry and payment of invoices due.
● Monitor Pledge and Accounts Receivable aging reports and coordinates with CEO for appropriate follow-up on outstanding accounts.
● Maintain system for expense reporting and review, review activity and correct details entered by staff prior to entering in to financial system. Ensure all information entered in to accounting system in a timely manner.
● Properly enter all transactions into the general ledger on a timely basis.
● Perform account reconciliations on a timely bases, including monthly reconciliations of Bank Accounts, PEX and Credit Cards, Accounts Payable and Accounts and Pledges Receivable. At least quarterly reconciliations of all other balance sheet accounts.
● Contact vendors as necessary to make account changes or address issues. Ensure all required W-9s are on file for vendors.
● Scrutinize expenditures to ensure that funds are properly utilized and accounted for and all appropriate documentation of expenditures is provided and maintained.
● Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget including preparing worksheets, calculating comparative information, preparing cost and revenue compilations, instructing staff on the mechanics of the process, ensuring the appropriate supporting documentation/explanations are maintained, etc.
● Process bi-weekly payroll, ensure all appropriate documentation required for time reporting is maintained.
● Serve as in-house point-of-contact for employees with payroll questions.
● Process new or terminated employees in the payroll system to ensure timely addition or removal of staff.
● Review and approve all invoices for payroll related expenditures.
● This position reports to the CEO and provides Finance Committee with regularly scheduled reports (to be defined by CEO) and reports on demand as necessary.
● Work closely with the Development Manager, Program Director and CEO to ensure that effective grant tracking and spending of restricted funds are occurring and provide necessary information as needed.
● Coordinate all activities of the annual financial audit and preparation of Form 990 as well as other periodic audits required by various agencies.
Financial systems, policies and procedures management
● Ensure that all technological and manual systems are optimized for efficiency and accuracy.
● Establish and maintain relevant accounting policies & procedures ensuring accurate financial reports.
Working relationships with external business partners:
● Develop and maintain relationships with outside service providers such as vendors, consultants, payroll processor, etc., in order to smoothly accomplish all business of the organization.
● Provide oversight for the CFO and President, as requested and assist with the negotiation of contracts with service providers, as requested.
General organization support
● Participate in staff meetings and organization-wide events.
● Occasionally help with program activities.
Success in this role is indicated by the following:
● Accurate financial reports are provided to management on a scheduled and timely basis
● Reporting deadlines are met for any financial-related reports.
● Minimal error rate with financial entries
● Proactive in addressing inefficiencies in financial management system as well risk related to financial management and use of funds
● Appropriately protects individual and organization proprietary and confidential information
● Demonstrates core competencies: Highly detailed and accurate; follows best practices for non-profit accounting; works collaboratively with colleagues
● Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred;
● 3-5 years of relevant experience required;
● Highly proficient in the use of MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook and payroll/timekeeping systems.
● Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting systems highly preferred. Experience using Financial Edge and/or Raiser's Edge and other non-profit software programs a plus.
● Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
● Excellent recordkeeping and organizational skills with ability to reorganize existing records to create a sustainable financial recordkeeping system.
● Reliability, strong work ethic and time management required.
● Respect for confidential and sensitive nature of information learned by virtue of job responsibilities.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Nov 25.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com