Director of Volunteers and Heritage Experiences - Indiana Landmarks
- 04-Nov-2019 to 15-Nov-2019
- - Indiana Landmarks
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off; 403b retirement savings plan with employer match after two years
Indiana Landmarks is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to preserving meaningful historic places. The organization seeks a dynamic and creative individual to manage its Indianapolis-based heritage tours program.
Developing and overseeing heritage tourism initiatives, conceptualizing, planning, coordinating, and conducting a variety of tourism experiences including:
• Regular tours of Monument Circle, City Market Catacombs, the Indianapolis Athenaeum, and Indiana Landmarks Center
• Downtown Indianapolis school tours
• Neighborhood walking and bicycle tours
• "Behind-the-Scenes" and "Landmark Look" building tours
• Special-event tours
Volunteer administration including:
• Recruiting, training, engaging, evaluating, and recognizing a corps of over 120 people who act as docents on guided tours and assist with staffing at events.
Management skills including:
• Supervising one full-time staff person
• Developing and managing tourism and volunteer budget
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree with background in tourism, public history, or historic preservation with at least two years of work in a supervisory position.
• Knowledge of tour/event management, visitor services, and volunteer administration preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate with a variety of audiences in one-on-one and group settings.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office systems. Experience with volunteer management systems (specifically Volunteer Matters) is a plus.
• Organized and detail-oriented approach to work with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work a Tuesday through Saturday schedule with occasional evening and Sunday obligations.
• Knowledge of Indianapolis history is a plus.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions. Apply by November 15.
Indiana Landmarks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com