Manager – Walk to Defeat ALS - ALS Association Indiana Chapter
- 04-Nov-2019 to 03-Dec-2019
- - ALS Association of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- low $40,000’s
- Full Time
ALSA-IN seeking energetic, mission-driven professional to lead our signature fundraising campaign, Walk to Defeat ALS. You will raise more than $350,000 to provide direct services and enhance the quality of life for individuals and their families affected by ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). You will experience the gratification of knowing that your work has significant impact on the lives of those affected by this fatal disease.
About ALS and The ALS Association Indiana Chapter
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) otherwise known as Lou Gehrig disease, is a 100% fatal progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. When the motor neurons die the patients lose their ability to speak, eat, move and eventually breathe. Average life expectancy is two to five years.
The ALS Association Indiana Chapter was founded in 1997 by two families touched by ALS to serve the needs of Hoosiers and their families living with the disease. Our mission is to discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest. The Chapter serves nearly 450 patients across the state of Indiana.
The ALS Association Indiana Chapter (ALSA-IN) has an excellent opportunity for a Manager – Walk to Defeat ALS serving state of Indiana territory with headquarter office located in Indianapolis, IN. Manager – Walk to Defeat ALS accountable for the achievement of income performance targets for a portfolio of community-based events which include the three (3) Walk to Defeat ALS® events.
The Manager – Walk to Defeat ALS executes fundraising strategies directed toward employers, physicians, patients, friends and family members. Manager – Walk to Defeat ALS will lead events, while adhering to specific "Best Practices" and staying with ALSA-IN fundraising cost guidelines.
Revenue generation of $350,000.
Revenue generation of $350,000.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Executes a portfolio of community-based events, with accountability for significant income targets, as well as event-related mission and advocacy activities. Ensures goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of event constituents and volunteers.
• Monitors financial expenditures and progress against budgetary plan and takes appropriate measures to meet top line and bottom-line goals ensuring a high ROI in meeting revenue targets.
• Participate in building fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
• Execution of major fundraising events for three (3) Walk to Defeat ALS events, two (2) educational programs and other community events.
• Manage and persuade Team Captains toward establishing recruitment and monetary goals based on market potential and their role in achieving goals. Building relationships with Team Captains, foster walk participation with teams to raise awareness of ALS.
• Prioritize current Walk teams into A, B, C based on current financial support, and relationship with the ALSA-IN.
• Build relationships with key team leaders through frequent face-to-face meetings according to the Walk to Defeat ALS timeline and business plan.
• Recruit and manage volunteers and volunteer committees to implement and successfully complete assigned activities.
• Work closely with the Development Director to research, identify, and acquire companies as sponsors of Walk. Build relationships with corporate sponsors to retain and upgrade their financial commitment.
• Driving peer-to-peer fundraising.
• Establishing relationships with affluent individual donors and foundations and achieving dollar results.
• Monitoring participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to improve income.
• Conducting a minimum of 10 face-to-face meetings per week.
• Negotiate contracts with vendors for all Walk to Defeat ALS and educational events.
• Comfortable with prospect identification, pipeline development, prospect research and relationship management throughout the donor lifecycle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and/or 1+ years' experience in sales, corporate development or fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of community organization, sales, fundraising, and marketing principles, practices, techniques, and trends.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and similar narrative pieces.
• Knowledge of forming strategic alliances/partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies or similar type organizations.
• Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to 10%.
• Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends to attend meetings beyond the framework of the normal working schedule.
• Basic knowledge and skill with to use relevant tools (e.g., Donor Pro, Convio, TeamRaiser, Luminate, Microsoft Suite, etc.) for word processing, email, presentations, and fundraising tracking.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.
• Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com