Financial Assistance Coordinator - AYS, Inc.
- 04-Nov-2019 to 03-Dec-2019
- - AYS, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $16.85-19.25/hour depending on experience
- Full Time
The Financial Assistance Coordinator is responsible for administering the AYS financial assistance program and for serving as a vital member of the Customer Relations Team. This position works extensively with low- to moderate- income families and must develop and maintain professional service-oriented relationships with all customers. Conducts needs analysis, makes professional judgment decisions regarding eligibility, and provides program management for all financial assistance funds. Performs all other duties of the Customer Relations Department including answering phone calls, student file maintenance, processing enrollments, resolving customer concerns, and collecting tuition payments.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provides exemplary service to customers, clients, and colleagues.
• Coordinates efficient, customer-friendly systems for financial assistance program. Works to improve processes, services and ultimately client outcomes. Ensures service response time and other operational standards are met or exceeded.
• Primary contact for applicants for and recipients of financial aid from the Ellen Clippinger Financial Assistance Fund and School Age Child Care Fund (SACC).
• Processes financial assistance applications; makes award notifications
• Monitors SACC guidelines and works with Customer Relations Manager and Compliance & Evaluation Manager to ensure AYS follows best practices.
• Serves as liaison to CCDF families and applicants. Assists families in navigating the program.
• Serves as liaison to CCDF Consultant.
• Monitors CCDF guidelines and provider regulations. Works with Customer Relations Manager, Compliance & Evaluation Manager, and Program Services department to ensure AYS follows best practices and develops plans to ensure effective roll-out for any changes.
• Monitors CCDF and Financial Aid student attendance records. Monitors voucher payments to ensure maximum reimbursement.
• Processes AYS program enrollments, plan changes, withdrawals, break registrations for Financial Aid and other students. Implements proactive communication calendar for CCDF and Financial Assistance families.
• Serves as key customer contact for temporary financial assistance due to hardship as well as payment plans for customers who are significantly delinquent in their weekly payments.
• Annually reviews sliding fee scale and participant usage. Makes recommendations for improvement.
• Works with Customer Relations Manager to manage inventory, maintenance, and replacement of all POS machines and other equipment necessary as a CCDF provider.
• Coordinates invoicing and reimbursements from financial aid third-parties such as Department of Child Services, Veterans Administration, and others as they arise.
• Strengthens relationships between customers and AYS by listening to feedback, identifying areas for improvement and assisting in the development and implementation of solutions.
• Provides weekly financial assistance reports.
• Ensures data accuracy and integrity in the Procare software application. Key player in development of data standards manual.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Bachelor's degree in non-profit management, social work, education, business administration or related field preferred. Experience may be substituted for education requirements. High school diploma/GED required.
• Minimum of 2 years working with financial aid or student enrollment processes preferred.
• Familiarity with CCDF policies preferred.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Incumbent is required to attend meetings on and off site, some occurring before and/or after normal business hours. Some local travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Customer Service/Communication – Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone; represents the organization well; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing excellent customer service. Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; seeks and responds to feedback from customers to improve service; seeks to understand the perspectives of others.
• Collaboration – Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment; collaborates with and supports coworkers by helping out where needed; creates and maintains positive relationships with coworkers; asks for and listens to coworker feedback and incorporates feedback into revised processes; completes work on time and with proper quality; supports cross-training and shares learning with others.
• Adaptability – Willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities; open to change and variety within the workplace; works hard to implement successful change in areas of responsibility; recommends and implements changes to improve processes and customer service.
• Technical – Proficiency in using computers and related software; experience with Microsoft Office and additional programs and systems.
• Critical Thinking – Ability to think about and solve complex problems.
• Professionalism – Exhibits effective skills in priority management, professionalism and empathy.
• Must be detail oriented to complete accurate and error-free work product.
• Ability to plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
• Completes work on time and with proper quality.
• Supports cross-training and shares learning with others.
Click the APPLY button to apply online.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com