Administrative Assistant - The Dyslexia Institute of Indiana
- 11-Nov-2019 to 05-Dec-2019
- - Dyslexia Institute of Indiana, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Dyslexia Institute of Indiana is seeking a hardworking, highly-organized individual to join our team! We are seeking an Administrative Assistant who will work alongside the CEO and manage the Dyslexia Institute of Indiana's office. The Dyslexia Institute of Indiana exists to help children and adults with dyslexia realize their full potential. Qualified individuals will have a passion for helping families and working in an organization that serves children.
As a member of the Operations team, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for general business functions in programs, development, marketing and communications, and governance. The Administrative Assistant serves as a representative of the organization to internal and external audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Daily Office Operations
• Greet clients and visitors to the office
• Ensure office is opened on time and maintained in a clean and organized manner
• Answer and direct incoming phone calls, answer questions and requests for information
• Email information about services as requested
• Set appointments using organization calendar and send email confirmations
• Assist with placement of tutoring students each semester
• Prepare consultation and testing materials
• Prepare training and presentation materials including handouts, PowerPoint presentations and binders of information for attendees
• Follow up with families regarding applications, information requests and payment for services
• Work hand in hand in with the Chief Executive Officer on communications, office organization, and special projects
• Assist CEO with Events Committee meetings
• Spearhead fundraising event coordination and execution
• Send timely acknowledgement of donations and gifts
• Maintain volunteer and donor databases
• Create online fundraising events through Dii's online fundraising suite "Classy"
• Generate reports for leadership to review and assess fundraiser results
Marketing and Communications
• Manage Dyslexia Institute of Indiana's social media presence. This includes creating a social media plan, posting daily to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram creating Facebook events, updating the Facebook page seasonally and responding to incoming messages and posts on Dii's Facebook page.
• Write, design and create mailings to Dii audiences (donors, parents, alumni, employees, etc.)
• Write, design and implement digital marketing newsletters:
o Quarterly Friends of Dii newsletter
o Monthly parent newsletter
o Ongoing promotional emails to educators about upcoming training opportunities
• Work with graphic designer and printer to develop marketing materials as requested
• Update website with timely information
• Prepare materials for committee and board meetings as needed
• Supervise part-time, hourly support staff who assist with front desk responsibilities.
Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (including an unpaid lunch hour)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bachelor degree or 5 years relevant work experience required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, basic technical procedures or basic government regulations. Ability to write basic reports and business correspondence. Ability to listen carefully and speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
This individual will have an overall interest in creating interesting and professional graphics and maintaining the Dii brand in everything we do. Graphic design experience a bonus.
Proficiency with Dropbox, Salesforce, MailChimp, Classy, Squarespace, Redbooth and Formstack preferred, willingness to learn and master required.
General ability to learn new software programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to enter data and write reports and correspondence on paper or keyboard; talk to employees and general public and to listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will work in a general office environment that is business casual, fun and educational. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet and typical of an office environment.
The ideal candidate will enjoy being part of an organization that truly loves helping kids. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com