Social Media and Public Awareness Administrator (part-time) - The Milk Bank
- 11-Nov-2019 to 10-Dec-2019
- - Milk Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Milk Bank is looking for an experienced Social Media and Public Awareness Administrator to join our team. You will be responsible for utilizing social media channels to promote The Milk Bank and raise awareness about human milk banking. You will also be responsible for implementing public awareness objectives set by The Milk Bank's strategic plan.
• Responsible for implementing social marketing and public relations objectives set by the Board in The Milk Bank's strategic plan.
• Develops yearly social media/outreach plan; submits to Director of Communications for approval.
• Responsible for meeting budget constraints set by the Director of Communications.
• In coordination with the Director of Communications and Clinical Coordinator, prepares displays or other materials for use in The Milk Bank's outreach.
• Coordinates a variety of internal and external communication projects within The Milk Bank, including data collections systems, website, and social media.
• Develop and implement a social media marketing plan, to be reviewed with Director of Communications every three months.
• Maintains The Milk Bank's website by contributing to The Milk Bank's blog using fresh, relevant information about human milk banking and milk bank happenings.
• Regularly updates The Milk Bank's social media pages with breastfeeding and PDHM content; maintains The Milk Bank's social media presence by interacting with milk bank related tweets and topics.
• Moderates social media discussions and comments.
• Utilizes social media channels to promote The Milk Bank and raise awareness about human milk banking.
• Schedules media events.
• Releases media alerts.
• Works with Director of Communications to promote all depot openings, provide press releases and coordinating media presence.
• Attends depot openings (local and out of state) when appropriate.
• Effectively manages resources to maintain quality in a cost-effective manner.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge of SEO principles, including keyword search.
In depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
Requires ability to prioritize and process multiple complex project deadlines.
Requires great attention to deadlines, detail, accuracy, and organization.
Requires ability to take initiative and meet objectives.
Requires ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all members of a multidisciplinary team.
Requires superior written and verbal communication skills.
Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to exercise tact and discretion.
Requires experience managing a wide variety of communication projects and special events.
Requires ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
Education and Experience
Requires Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field or a combination of education and experience.
Must have experience with the successful implementation of year end fundraising campaigns. Experience with Giving Tuesday campaigns a plus.
Environmental, Physical, and Ergonomic Requirements
This position requires sitting, standing and talking for extended periods of time. Work is occasionally performed in an office environment; however, this position often represents TMB through contact with the media, during meetings with marketing professionals and at other TMB-related events. Must have sufficient manual dexterity for the extensive use of a computer keyboard. Must be able to operate standard office equipment (computers, printers, copiers, calculators and fax machines). This position requires regular local travel and occasional short-term travel. Requires the ability to lift up to 35 pounds. May be exposed to chemicals or hazardous substances. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to successfully perform this job.
Cross Training Requirements
All employees will be required to be adequately trained to perform the duties of a pasteurization technician with minimal guidance from other Pasteurization Technicians or the Pasteurization Coordinator. The amount of training and level of competency expected will be determined by the Executive Director based on the current needs of The Milk Bank as well as the necessary level of understanding to perform an individual's primary job duties. Due to the small structure of the company, cross-training or job performance may be required at any time for any job without advanced notice.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com