Office Manager & Executive Assistant - Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, Inc.
- 18-Nov-2019 to 17-Dec-2019
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Office Manager & Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the general office operations and daily administrative support to the 5-person senior leadership team of the organization in an effort to enhance short-term tactical and long-term strategic goals. This role requires an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
As Executive Assistant:
• Provide administrative support to President & CEO -estimated time 25%
o Act as a staff project manager in support of the organization's comprehensive strategic plan and concurrent transformational change budget efforts. This includes maintaining highly-organized records of all aspects of the strategic planning effort.
o Act as lead coordinator for CEO-led county stakeholder visits.
o Attend meetings and events as needed, prepare and distribute meeting agendas, compile and distribute notes, maintain documentation and correspondence files and meeting follow-up.
o Provide support as needed of the CEO's appointments, travel, reports and meeting preparations.
• Provide administrative support for Board of Directors. -estimated time 20%
o Attend Board and Board committee meetings and events as needed, prepare room, prepare and distribute meeting agendas, compile and distribute notes, track attendance, maintain committee and board documentation and correspondence files and meeting follow-up.
• Provide administrative support and office management leadership to food bank leadership (CAO, CFO/COO, Chief Programs and Community Collaborations Officer and Chief Philanthropy Officer). -estimated time 20%
o Develop and execute effective administrative functions to increase productivity of the Senior Leadership Team; this may include occasional special projects.
o For CPO, provide administrative support for donor and prospect activities (such as organizing and producing materials, donor meeting and event responses), assist with event planning, logistics and execution of donor and other related constituent events as needed (e.g. annual reception in conjunction with October Board meeting, stewardship events, fundraising events).
o For CAO, provide administrative support including employee engagement activities/events/committees and calendar support as needed for appointments and meeting preparations.
As Office Manager:
• Manage general office operations, including front desk and administration. -estimated time 35%
o Organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
o Responsible for developing intra-office communication and scheduling protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, office inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
o Ensure the highest level of customer service.
o Manage all office vendor and service provider relationships (office supplies, janitorial supplies and services, printing needs, apparel, etc.).
o Track and coordinate all maintenance and interior janitorial requests with Director of Warehouse Operations and Maintenance Technician.
o Provide back-up front desk support during Receptionist breaks and time off.
• Personnel management of front desk and administrative staff.
o Provide supervision, coaching, training, and evaluation to staff.
o Make recommendations for new hires or disciplinary action related to staff positions.
o Motivate staff to be an effective part of the Gleaners team working together to achieve the organization's goals.
o Promote and achieve a positive work environment.
• Ensure and maintain confidentiality related to all personnel, SLT, donor and Board matters.
• Serve as an active member of Gleaners' management team.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience:
• 2 + years of proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
• Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
• People management skills to supervise and motivate the staff.
• Bachelor's degree and demonstrated administration experience in a senior leadership team office preferred.
• Exhibit outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communications skills.
• Ability to prepare, write, edit and proof letters and other documents.
• Ability to convert verbal ideas to written documents and action plans.
• Ability to professionally communicate with a wide variety of stakeholder audiences (volunteers, donors, corporate contacts, staff, board, etc.) with appropriate courtesy and respect.
• Ability to perform basic math functions, calculate figures and create graphs.
• Excellent problem resolution and analytical skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to operate all office equipment.
• Valid driver's license/Clean driving record /must be insurable by company vehicle insurance provider.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to serving the mission of Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana; an understanding of and heartfelt passion for our organization's work and those we serve.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and professionally mature with the ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently under minimal supervision.
• Excellent project management, planning and time management skills.
• Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, decision making, and delegation skills.
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management; capacity to act as a mutually-trusted bridge between Board/senior leadership and all other staff.
• Results-orientated, a passion for creativity, innovative vision, and passion for out-of-the-box thinking.
• Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy; Appropriate professional appearance expected.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Communication, Customer Service, Reliability/Dependability, Respect and Integrity, Teamwork, Work Habits/Planning, Leadership, Operational Management, People Management and Strategic Thinking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Ability to push, pull, lift, move and carry up to 25 pounds at least 1% of the time.
• Ability to move within/between Department or Facility.
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to speak clearly, see, feel and have manual dexterity.
• Ability to drive.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• High-energy, fast paced office environment.
• Ability to work weekends and evenings occasionally as needed (special events/meetings).
• Work independently and with minimal supervision but seek clarification if needed to achieve success.
• Ability to work with others on a one-to-one basis as well as in groups.
• Frequent use of computer and software systems.
Gleaners Food Bank is and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com