Events Coordinator - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 18-Nov-2019 to 16-Dec-2019
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
As a member of the Development team, the Events Coordinator is responsible for managing the planning, logistics, marketing, guest and sponsor experience, and achieving fundraising goals for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana's events. We are seeking a detail oriented, creative, customer-focused, and driven team member. Fundraising, marketing, and/or sales experience preferred.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
• Manage all planning, logistics, guest and sponsorship fulfillment, volunteer and staff direction, coordination with vendors/partners, and on-site fundraising for development events.
• Support and engage event committees and volunteers through administrative support, communication, scheduling, and recordkeeping.
• Coordinate and manage execution of all marketing requirements of events.
• Coordinate and manage execution of all promotional and PR opportunities of events including media opportunities, social media campaigns, and web-based efforts.
• Provide high quality experience for event guests, volunteers, and sponsors.
• Work with Development Directors to conduct yearly review and assessment of each event, making adjustments as necessary for future event(s), in conjunction with the annual planning process as needed.
• Solicit and secure ticket, table, and sponsorship sales for BBBSCI fundraisers according to assigned goals.
• Steward existing relationships and utilize networking opportunities to build new relationships that generate revenue.
• Support donor communications projects such as solicitation pieces and stewardship pieces as assigned.
• Manage special projects and relationships as assigned.
• Support the development team in meeting fundraising goals.
Communications & Marketing
• Can effectively communicate the BBBSCI mission.
• Generates excitement around the BBBSCI brand internally and externally.
• Strong design skills.
• Utilizes agency brand, messaging and marketing opportunities to continually improve BBBSCI fundraising events.
• Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in event management, sales, marketing, or philanthropy.
• Experience in project management and excellent written communication skills required.
• Experience in sales, fundraising, and/or marketing and public relations preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office software, Adobe Suite, and experience with or ability to learn Raiser's Edge database.
• Will be required to participate in continuing educations programs as requested.
• Required to travel approximately 30% of time to meet potential partners, vendors or consultants, attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by December 16, 2019.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com