Annual Fund Manager - Make-A-Wish® of Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana
- 02-Dec-2019 to 01-Jan-2020
- - Make-A-Wish Foundation®
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Annual Fund Manager is responsible for building relationships with annual donors by managing direct mail solicitations, stewardship events for annual donors, creating and executing a five-year annual campaign plan and generating monthly reports of giving results. This position requires expertise in data mining, query-writing, prospect and constituent management and advanced use of Blackbaud.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop and execute a five-year annual campaign development plan.
• Prepare/and or oversee the preparation and publishing of all solicitation mailings including but not limited to: annual campaign solicitation letters and newsletter (twice annually) in collaboration with the VP of Development and Regional Directors across the Chapter
• Develop monthly status of annual campaign operational budget to Development Leadership Team.
• Work closely with Regional Directors of Development, Vice President of Development, and Chief Advancement Officer to manage the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of mid-level and major gift donors within each region – the primary purpose of this activity is to assist in leading sustainable growth of a mid-level program by assisting in building gift officer portfolios within each Region.
• Build a personal portfolio of mid-level donors by direct contact by phone, mail or face-to-face visits
• Develop/oversee annual mail solicitation campaigns and interface with direct mail vendors
• Lead proper design and implementation of donor recognition and stewardship of mid-level donors, including an annual recognition event for annual campaign donors/volunteers.
• Act as a spokesperson at public speaking events to include check presentations, outside events, informational talks etc. as needed.
• Track and report progress toward revenue goals and job-related expenses through proper use of the database (Blackbaud) and generate monthly mid-level donor reports for development leaders.
• Use discretion and independent judgement with broad authority and reasonable latitude to negotiate and/or make decisions [related to revenue development], which may financially impact the organization in substantial ways and depart from established standards.
Essential Skills and Abilities
The following are the core competencies required by this position:
Culture Contributor: Makes a positive contribution to the departmental, regional, and organizational culture. Models our shared values. Controls their own 20 square feet. Is a collaborative teammate. Leads by positive example. Able to navigate ambiguity and helps others to do so as well.
Bandwidth/Focus: Adequately manages a large workload while focusing on the right things that make a difference. Does not focus too narrowly to the exclusion of other priorities. Really digs in and focuses when necessary. Bounces back quickly from a setback.
Personal Accountability: Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their choices, behaviors, and actions. Takes ownership of situations they are involved in and takes responsibility for what happens – good or bad. Doesn't "blame, complain, or defend" if things go wrong, and works quickly to make things right. Recognizes the impact of their actions on team performance. Accepts criticism and feedback.
Fundraising Skills: Exhibits strong overall fundraising skills and functions at a high level. This ranking is an overall measure of their core fundraising abilities.
Relationship-Building: Builds and maintains relationships effectively both internally and externally.
Stewardship & Retention: Effectively stewards existing donors with regular value-added contact. Uses communication touchpoints as a tool to deepen relationships and increase future giving.
Use of Portfolio & Tools: Uses OKI's suite of fundraising tools effectively and consistently. Recognizes the importance of institutionalizing with OKI the stakeholder relationship. Makes smart and effective use of the Donor Operations Team and all resources. Follows OKI procedures and processes regarding fundraising.
Follow-up: Does smart, effective follow-up after meetings. Communication to donors is clear, prompt, thorough, and forward-focused.
Lead Generation & Pursuit: Works diligently to uncover and pursue new leads. Leverages our current supporters to find new potential supporters. Remains determined in their pursuit and does not give up easily.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years work experience in development, including experience with annual campaigns and public relations and knowledge of fund development.
• Commitment to and a passion for the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
• Flexibility to travel overnight up to 20% of the time.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com