Associate Director of Finance - Phi Kappa Psi Foundation
- 16-Dec-2019 to 14-Jan-2020
- - Phi Kappa Psi Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you looking for an organization that adds value to your life as well as those it serves? The Phi Psi Foundation is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to serve as the organization's Associate Director of Finance.
The Associate Director of Finance is a full-time position responsible for several functions which are crucial to the financial and organizational efficiency of the Foundation. Primary responsibilities include the timely and accurate recording, depositing and accounting of all donations and pledges within the Foundation's donor software system, Raiser's Edge. The Associate Director will also manage the billing, collection and analysis of all Laurel Hall rental venue income within the Foundation's accounting system, Financial Edge. This position will also assist the Chief Financial Officer with select human resource affairs and expense management responsibilities, including document management.
This individual will add to an already visionary, supportive and action-oriented team comprised of staff, Board and volunteers, to expand the organization's reach with the goal to provide more educational assistance, support for leadership programs and aligning development efforts to the needs of its membership. This is a unique opportunity to work with a growing non-profit organization. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work within a flexible, fun environment, where smart, passionate people spend their time working to achieve the Foundation's mission of fostering the development of leaders and the promotion academic excellence in higher education.
Founded in 1852 and headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Phi Kappa Psi is a men's fraternal organization consisting of over 100 chapters and colonies throughout the United States. With the open motto "the great joy of serving others" Phi Kappa Psi looks to engage men of integrity, further developing their intellect and enhancing their community involvement. With a legacy built on acceptance and trust, each brother realizes his highest potential through a lifelong experience of service and excellence. The Phi Kappa Psi Foundation is a 501(c)(3) educational foundation whose mission is to support the Fraternity by promoting scholarship, developing character, improving educational facilities and supporting charitable causes.
Gift Processing and Pledge Management
• Performs the daily work of gift processing and pledge management for the Foundation and ensures that all pledges and gifts to the Foundation are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Establishes and maintains a structured, systematic program of pledge payment monitoring and acquisition that will outlast changes in staff and ensure perpetual cordial relations with donors.
Laurel Hall - Facility Rental Revenue Management
• Performs billing, collection and analysis of aging reports for all Laurel Hall venue rental services.
• Maintains the accuracy and reliability of accounts receivable.
• Assists with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing.
• Ensures that donors are properly acknowledged and receipted for their gifts in a timely manner.
• Seeks continuous improvement of the donor acknowledgement function including streamlining tasks and developing efficiencies in gift processing.
• Ensures that all IRS guidelines pertaining to the processing and receipting of donations are met.
• Produces scheduled and ad hoc financial and gift reports for monthly close, board meetings, staff members and other needs as they arise.
• Assists in the development of metrics and transforming them into reports and/or dashboards that visually represent goals and progress.
• Generates queries and reports from the database that provide the information needed to track and solicit donors.
• Acts as a liaison with donors and other publics to answer gift-related questions and/or resolve gift-related issues.
• Interacts with Laurel Hall customers regarding collections and/or billing questions and account statements.
• Contacts originators of source documents/information (i.e. mail, event registration, website updates, pledge reports, etc.) to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
• Interfaces with the other team members for monthly gift reconciliation; correct channeling of funds, and periodic reconciliation of accounts.
• Responds to and resolves all internal and external inquiries in a timely manner.
Donor Database and Financial Records Management
• Ensures correct channeling of funds and accurate transmission of donor activity between database and accounting software.
• Oversees day-to-day integrity and quality of database and database procedures and ensures that necessary corrections to the data are completed when discrepancies are found. This may include weekly and monthly audits of data to confirm use of accurate entry processes, identifying and eliminating duplicate records and maintaining user security settings.
• Maintains and documents policies and procedures regarding gift and pledge processing and Laurel Hall accounts receivable processing.
• Ensures that all financial transactions are properly supported by documentation, including scanning records of transactions and filing source documents electronically.
• Oversees monthly staff credit card reconciliation processing; reviews all receipts and disbursements,
ascertains correct account distribution and ensures all support documentation is accurate and in order.
• Provides support to staff to ensure the accuracy of revenue and expense coding.
• Oversees the organization's vehicle fleet including monitoring usage, repairs and maintenance and
• assisting with monthly expense allocations.
• Assists in the proper preparation for the annual financial audit.
• Operates with a strong appreciation for resourcefulness, teamwork, and collaborating in a dynamic and growing environment.
• Pursues continuing education and training on the art of fundraising as well as the best practices of financial, database, operational and human resource administration.
• Maintains the Foundation's reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring and prudent management of donor gifts.
• Provides ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Works closely with all Foundation and Fraternity staff.
Has contact with the public, members, donors, trustees, and vendors and other agencies as appropriate and necessary.
• Strong computer and data entry skills with a focus on data integrity, accuracy and thoroughness is essential.
• Extremely detail oriented, precise, organized and able to work independently and manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously as well as competing demands.
• Aptitude to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Able to communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal manner.
• Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities and commitment to take the initiative to identify and act on problems.
• Experience with a non-profit organization is preferred.
• Experience managing development/donor databases and/or fund accounting systems desired; Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge experience is preferred.
• Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member.
• Commitment to safeguarding information and records and maintaining confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in constituent records.
• Ability to complete assignments within deadlines in fast-paced environment.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com