Director of Information Technology - Lumina Foundation
- 16-Dec-2019 to 14-Jan-2020
- - Lumina Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Lumina Foundation is a private, independent foundation in Indianapolis that is committed to making opportunities for learning after high school available to al.l The Director of Information Technology oversees the Foundation's computer and AV infrastructure and equipment. The IT Director is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT applications used to support business process and services across the Foundation, including technologies hosted on-premise or in the cloud.
The Director of Information Technology oversees the Foundation's computer and AV infrastructure and equipment. The IT Director is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT applications used to support business process and services across the Foundation, including technologies hosted on premise or in the cloud.
• Oversee the functionality, stability and security of the Foundation's network, equipment and applications.
• Implement the Foundation's IT strategic plan, projects and initiatives in coordination with the Foundation's strategic priorities.
• Manage the user and access rights and permissions on designated systems and applications.
• Configure and manage sound security protocols on the Foundation's networks, equipment and systems; and conduct threat and vulnerability assessments against its systems.
• Evaluate and assess external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired organizational priorities and industry best practices.
• Work with the AVP-Operations and Grants Administration to develop the Foundation's annual operating and capital budgets and manage IT expenditures.
• Work with the AVP-Operations and Grants Administration to develop and update policies and procedures that govern the Foundation's IT activities and practices.
• Maintain a network of trusted advisors, consultants and vendors to help assess the effectiveness of the Foundation's IT service model and network, and who can provide advice whether they are the most effective means to meet our changing business priorities.
• Establish an in-person and virtual platform that provides timely and actionable responses to user requests for assistance with equipment or applications.
• Maintain currency on new technologies and platforms ' including artificial intelligence (AI) and edge computing ' and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced at the Foundation.
• Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, equipment and IT service support.
• Manage the IT Systems Administrator/Data Analyst
• Implement new technologies, techniques and practices, such as Agile and service integration and management (SIAM), to ensure alignment with the organization's change in priorities or strategies.
• Work with and oversee IT consultants and vendors engaged by the Foundation to manage applications or projects.
• Bachelor's degree or demonstrated competency in computer science or other related content area required
• At least 8 years of information technology systems preferred
• 5 years of supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
• Superior knowledge of information infrastructure technologies and the ability to use technology effectively.
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft platforms for network, server, client, collaboration and business applications.
• Strategic planning skills:
o Excellent ability to provide clear direction by fostering common vision, setting priorities, and clarifying roles and responsibilities.
o Exceptional ability to develop and execute strategic plans, effectively manage project budgets, and lead change management efforts.
• Relationship and communication skills
o Solicits advice, support, championship, sponsorship and commitment to develop a smooth transition and the development of mutually acceptable solutions.
o Ability to work collegially and diplomatically across organizations and audience groups and a facility for resolving conflict among multiple parties.
o Excellent ability to coach and develop others, including people that are not direct subordinates.
• Personal attributes:
o Risk taking; handles change and uncertainties with ease and can move forward quickly.
o Innovative; devises unusual or radically different approaches to value-added solutions.
o Thrives in an outcomes-oriented, dynamic environment in which thinking beyond the curve is encouraged.
o Exercises sound judgment in handling sensitive or confidential information.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Work is performed in an office environment, mostly sedentary.
• Visual and auditory acuity for extensive use of various forms of technology.
• Travels 10%-20%, including overnight stays.
Click the APPLY button to submit a letter of interest that includes desired compensation, and
a resume as an attachment outlining experience relevant to the position to Amber Shelton.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com