Policy Director - Prosperity Indiana
- 21-Dec-2019 to 19-Jan-2020
- - Prosperity Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $50,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience and education
- Full Time
- paid health insurance, dental and vision, life insurance, vacation
The Policy Director provides leadership to Prosperity Indiana member convening activities and helps to craft and advance the organization's policy agenda before the executive and legislative branches of federal, state and local government.
Prosperity Indiana supports a network of organizations that builds vital communities and resilient families. Prosperity Indiana advocates for public policies and assists the network in developing comprehensive solutions that engage local leadership to generate private and public investment.
• Convene annual regional policy meetings with members and legislators to discuss policy and issues
• Convene and facilitate the Board of Directors Public Policy Committee
• Develop and circulate annual policy survey in association with Policy Committee
• Convene quarterly Opportunity Starts at Home Meetings focused on multi-sector collaboration supporting affordable housing advocacy and recruit partners for the state coalition
• Prepare policy and advocacy materials, including action alerts, testimony, talking points, formal administrative comments, press statements, opinion editorials, website updates, and webinars
• Act as supervisor for the Network and Resources Manager
• Work with the Executive DIrector, Public Policy Committee, and Board of Directors to develop Prosperity Indiana's public policy agenda and annual policy priorities
• Develop strategies and support the implementation of Prosperity Indiana's strategic plan goal to deepen relationships with members of the Indiana General Assembly
• Solicit policy centered content and speakers for Prosperity Indiana's annual Summit
• Work in partnership with organizations and build coalitions to further Prosperity Indiana's public policy agenda
• Utilize advocacy tools to mobilize members around critical policy priorities
• Lobby federal, state, and local policymakers
• Spearhead planning and coordination for annual Statehouse Day
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and a minimum of three years of experience with public policy, community economic development, or nonprofit management. An advanced degree (MBA, MPP, MPA) is preferred.
• Professionalism, excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to exercise diplomacy are critical.
• Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate them effectively to diverse audiences, including elected officials, attorneys, advocates, impacted communities, supporters, and the general public
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including oral presentations
• Ability to handle stress
• Well-organized and detail-oriented
• A minimum of three years of substantial advocacy, community organizing or public policy experience, ideally including the development and coordination of advocacy campaigns, preferably in Indiana
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse staff, including remote colleagues, coalitions and community groups, motivate volunteers, work across the political spectrum, and value differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socioeconomic circumstance
• Commitment to the highest ethical standards of lobbying and professionalism
• Command over housing and asset development policy preferred
• Willingness to travel statewide (occasionally) and to Washington, D.C. (2-3 times per year)
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com