Executive Director - Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education
- 07-Jan-2020 to 07-Feb-2020
- - Kappa Delta Pi/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary, health insurance
Do you have a passion for education? Do you view teachers as the most important component of the educational system? Do you want to play a role in attracting, equipping and retaining quality teachers across the country and around the world? Kappa Delta Pi (KDP), International Society in Education, is seeking a new Executive Director thanks to the retirement of its current leader. If you answered 'yes' to the above questions and are committed to excellence in education and advancing the teaching profession you just might be the perfect candidate for this exciting and important role.
KDP was founded in 1911 to foster excellence in education and promote fellowship among those dedicated to teaching. The Society has grown to become an international organization with more than 1.2 million initiated members and more than 30,000 annual members.
Using a variety of programs, services and resources, KDP supports and advances educators throughout the phases and levels of their teaching careers. KDP engages teachers while they are still in school (thanks to almost 700 college and university chapters) then provides them a variety of opportunities for professional enrichment after graduation and throughout their careers. KDP supports educators through quality publications, educational events and ever-expanding online offerings. The organization is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, and boasts a talented staff team of 24 and an annual operating budget of $2.5 million.
Kappa Delta Pi is seeking an experienced leader who can successfully navigate the intersection of educational and organizational excellence to effectively support, grow and engage our membership of worldwide educators, who span the spectrum from elementary to higher ed.
The Executive Director is responsible to the Executive Council of Kappa Delta Pi for enhancing and advancing the Society's vision and providing leadership and direction for the Society.
While he/she doesn't have to be an educator, it is critical that the next Executive Director have an understanding of education issues and language as well as a genuine interest in learning and staying on top of what is going on in the profession.
The ideal candidate will place an emphasis on clear communication and high integrity; a passion for promoting excellence in teaching and providing support to educators; leadership experience in a membership-based association or a mission-driven, nonprofit organization; flexibility to travel (including internationally); a minimum of a bachelor's degree and 5–7 years of experience in a senior leadership position, with a master's degree or higher preferred. The professional designation of Certified Association Executive (CAE) is also preferred.
KDP is an international organization affiliated with the United Nations; achieving KDP's mission requires its Executive Director to have a range of multicultural experiences and skills. He or she must have the capacity to manage complexity and successfully handle competing priorities, including: planning; budgeting and financial management; fundraising; staff development; and project management. In addition to exhibiting strong leadership and management skills, the ideal candidate will be results-oriented and possess:
• Strong collaboration, writing and verbal communication skills
• The ability to objectively evaluate KDP's many programs and services
• Experience identifying and vetting new ideas and creating new revenue sources
• The ability to delegate effectively and create a positive, team-oriented work culture
• Experience working in collaboration with a board of directors and supporting director recruitment and retention in line with organizational needs
• Operations management experience
• Success in identifying and nurturing collaborative relationships with complementary organizations
• Advocacy/policy experience and the ability to establish good working relationships with the community-at-large, funders, politicians and other organizations to increase visibility and achieve the goals of the organization
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1) Why is this position a great match for you?
2) This position oversees a broad and complex organization. Please identify which of your past positions have provided you with the leadership experience that will directly apply to this situation.
3) Provide an example of how you have influenced business partners or stakeholders to support a shared purpose.
4) Briefly tell us about your experience assessing and meeting member needs in a membership organization, either in a staff or volunteer leadership role.
5) Please share your experience in working with nonprofit financial and HR issues including budgets, fundraising, audits and performance review.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Kappa Delta Pi values and seeks diverse and inclusive participation in the field of education and teaching. The Society strives to promote involvement and access to leadership opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, career path or academic level.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com