Director of Philanthropy - The Center for At-Risk Elders, Inc. (CARE)
- 10-Jan-2020 to 10-Feb-2020
- - Center for At-Risk Elders, Inc. (CARE)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $37,000 - $40,000
- Full Time
- Travel reimbursed, parking provided. Health insurance not available.
The Center for At-Risk Elders, Inc. (CARE) is a non-profit, public interest law firm designated as a 501(c)(3) charity by the Internal Revenue Service. The organization was incorporated in 2010. In 2013, CARE launched its adult guardianship program that has served more than 430 vulnerable men and women thus far. CARE also uses its client service experience and legal expertise in the pursuit of civil prosecution against perpetrators of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
The organization is implementing a strong, three-year strategic plan utilizing an energized Board of Directors and talented staff. CARE has set its sights on a path to harness its unique position as a public interest law firm to broaden and deepen CARE's community leadership and impact. Key to the organization's success is building relationships with supporters – individuals, families, organizations, government agencies, businesses, and foundations.
The Director of Philanthropy furthers CARE's momentum and serves as the chief strategist and navigator for CARE's relationship-building efforts.
Specifically, the Director Philanthropy's responsibilities include:
• Championing a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
• Developing and executing the organization's annual fundraising plan that includes: goals to increase yearly gifts, communication of needs to the CARE budget committee, effective ongoing plan evaluation, and involvement of members of the Board of Directors, staff leadership, and volunteers.
• Overseeing the research, identification, solicitation, and stewardship of potential individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
• Planning, managing, and coordinating events focused on expanding and deepening relationships with current and potential supporters.
• Creating and executing a strategy for a large, sustained base of annual individual donors.
• Managing and ensuring accuracy of the organization's donor database.
• Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all government, foundation, and corporate fundraising.
• Drafting and arranging distribution of information to various stakeholders for the purpose of cultivating support.
• Closely working with other CARE colleagues in the cultivation of donors to become volunteers and cultivating volunteers to become donors.
• Ensuring the organization's broader communications include a donation component.
• Professionally and assertively representing the values of the organization through words, actions, and decisions, including following the organization's donor policies as well as all applicable laws.
If you have zero experience in philanthropy, this is not the job for you. If, however, you have modest or extensive experience and you are looking to advance social justice by engaging supporters in a personally meaningful way, we encourage you to apply. A writing sample is required for consideration.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and writing sample.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com