Executive Director - Kids in Crisis Intervention Team (KIC-IT)
- 10-Jan-2020 to 01-Feb-2020
- - Kids in Crisis Intervention Team (KIC-IT)
- Franklin, IN, USA
- $40,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
- Full Time
Kids in Crisis Intervention Team (KIC-IT) in Franklin, Indiana is seeking a passionate and strategic leader to serve as the organization's next Executive Director. Our next leader will have the opportunity to revitalize our youth and young adult case management program.
The Executive Director will also oversee the operations and supervision of a United Way of Johnson County program, No Place to Call Home. This program provides coordinated entry, coordinated case management and coordinated financial assistance for individuals within any age demographic experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
The candidate will also passionately promote the mission of our organization which is providing a network of support & empowerment for youth to break the cycle of homelessness and promote independence. The Executive Director will also uphold our values such as treating those we serve with respect and dignity, regardless of their circumstances.
Ideal candidates will further demonstrate how their skills and qualifications relate to the job duties listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate with the Board in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization, including the executive transition.
• Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board and jointly with the Board as appropriate.
• Foster effective teamwork with volunteers and staff.
Operational Planning and Management
• Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
• Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials.
• Supervising the operations, management and program director of No Place to Call Home.
Program Planning and Management
• Experience with case management for teens and young adults.
• Hire and supervise a case manager.
• Oversee the organization's program to maintain and improve quality, transitioning this duty from the Board to the ED.
• Assess the current practices and evaluate the need for additional programs and/or partnerships.
Financial Planning and Management
• Work with the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget.
• Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans, and write funding. proposals to increase the revenue for the organization, working with the Board as appropriate.
• Participate in fundraising activities and events as appropriate.
• Understand basic AR/AP to provide the Board with reports on revenues and expenditures of the organization.
• Establish positive relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of KIC-IT.
• Act as a spokesperson for the organization.
• Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile.
• Oversee KIC-IT's social media and website.
• Identify and evaluate risks to the organization and implement measures to control risks.
• Ensure that the Board and organization carries appropriate and adequate insurance coverage.
Qualified candidates will have:
• A Master's in Social Work or related field or at least 5 years of experience in nonprofit management.
• Experience with teen and young adult homelessness and current best and evidence-based practices of drop-in centers, the Housing First model, mental health, and trauma-informed care.
• At least one year of leadership experience in a nonprofit.
• Experience in fundraising, donor relations, grant writing and events.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• A creative, entrepreneurial attitude.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. In your most recent position, how did you ensure that your programs matched the needs of your clients/community and were of very high quality compared to other providers?
2. What do you see as the keys to building and sustaining a high performing staff culture?
3. What process would you use to review our current events and determine what needs to end and what needs to be created?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com