Mentoring Relationship Program Specialist - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 13-Jan-2020 to 11-Feb-2020
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- lower $30,000
- Full Time
- benefits package
A dynamic opportunity to defend potential! Join our team and become part of an agency that believes in putting kids first. The Mentoring Relationship team provides customized support, coaching, supervision and engagement to all adult volunteers, youth, and the youth's parent/guardian. As a vital member of that team, the Mentoring Relationship Program Specialist's role is to ensure matches build strong and enduring relationships that result in positive youth outcomes and fulfilling volunteer experiences.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
Mentoring Relationship Program Specialist Expectations:
• Assist MRS with match support contacts during peak times and PTO.
• Assist MRS with scheduling match support contacts.
• Provide temporary match support during MRS transition periods.
• Ensure match support surveys are completed on-time and according to BBBS standards.
• Provide administrative support to MRS staff completing a match introduction.
• Facilitate a goal setting activity for matches.
• Promote intentional individual and group match activities to foster a strong match relationship and increase positive youth outcomes.
• Provide administrative support to MRS staff completing a match closure.
• Assist ongoing efforts to ensure youth protection and enhanced quality assurance.
• Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
• Ensure accurate documentation is completed in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
• Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
• Work with strategically identified external partners (i.e. Schools, community centers, corporations, etc.) to build relationships for youth referrals and family resources.
• Staff recruitment booths/tables, match activities and agency events.
• Share with development, engagement, partnership and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships and stories as discovered through match contacts with Big, Little and Parent/Guardian.
• Maintain customer service at levels exceeding expectations of our partners, volunteers, parents, and youth.
• Be an ambassador for BBBSCI by representing BBBS in a professional manner, identifying and seizing opportunities to recruit volunteers, and furthering the mission of BBBS.
• Maintain budget documents including invoices and other expenses incurred by department as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Human Services, Social Services, or related field, or experience in social services, education and/or child development.
• Participation in continuing education programs as requested.
• Required to travel approximately 40% of time to meet agency needs, attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
• Must be able and willing to frequently work evenings and weekends, as required by agency.
• Must have reliable transportation. Drivers of privately owned vehicles must have valid driver's license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums. May be required to transport clients.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by February 11.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com