Development Assistant - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 13-Jan-2020 to 11-Feb-2020
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
As a member of the Development team, the Development Assistant is responsible for managing the Raiser's Edge database for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana. We are seeking someone who has accuracy with detail, creative, strong written and communication skills with event experience.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail required
• Experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar database
• Team player and collaborative
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exhibits a high level of customer service
• Event assistance experience preferred
• Manage accuracy of information within Raiser's Edge database, recordkeeping, and reporting for development operations.
• Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records on all donors, gifts, pledges, and actions, including special event data.
• Data mining and cleaning expected to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.
• Maintain accurate records on all cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
• Develop invitation and mailing lists, track RSVPs, and provide reports for meetings and special events.
• Work within policies and procedures for development data, donor, and gift management, e.g. donor records, gift entry, data entry, actions, queries, and reports.
• Manage revenue deposits and the corresponding record-keeping.
• Work with Finance team reconcile development reports and records with finance/accounting records according to schedule.
• Work with Finance team to develop a system and produce donor documentation and information needed for annual audit.
• Conduct prospect or donor research as requested.
• Assist and train staff on use of Raiser's Edge database for relationship management.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings as needed.
• Assist with solicitation calls during active campaigns.
• Provide general administrative support for team projects or meetings.
• Assist with evening and weekend events as needed.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Track all stewardship efforts in Raiser's Edge.
• Maintain schedules and project management of stewardship mailings, invitations and other necessary stewardship tasks as assigned.
• Assist with data entry of solicitations/notes/proposals when needed.
• Assist with thank you calls to donors.
• Prepare content for timely and customized acknowledgement letters.
• Assist with the creation of new and engaging donor communications on a monthly basis to empower and steward our donors base.
• Prepare and mail acknowledgement letters, receipts, invoices, pledge reminders, gift renewals, etc. according to schedule.
• Prepare special birthday/sympathy/thank you cards for supporters/volunteers when needed.
• Ensure all pledge reminders are sent out according to schedule identified by donor or sponsor and ensure timely follow up on outstanding pledges as needed.
• Provide first line of customer service, assistance, and hospitality to prospective and existing customers.
• Bachelor's Degree; preferably in nonprofit management or philanthropy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office software and experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar database.
• Will be required to participate in continuing educations programs as requested.
• Required to travel approximately 20% of time to meet potential partners, vendors or consultants, attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by February 11.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com