Marketing & PR Manager - Heartland Film
- 13-Jan-2020 to 13-Feb-2020
- - Heartland Film
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- full benefits package
Are you passionate about movies and supporting independent film? Do you have an appreciation for the arts? If so, keep reading!
Heartland Film is a nonprofit arts organization with a mission to inspire filmmakers and audiences through the transformative power of film. We're a well-established organization, yet continue to expand our reach year-over-year. And we're hiring a Marketing & PR Manager to join us on this journey of continued growth.
The Marketing & PR Manager promote Heartland film brand, film festivals and special events by developing strategic marketing and public relations plans; creating compelling content for web, social media channels, email communications, print materials and marketing collateral year-round; and will serve as the organizational liaison to outside agencies, vendors and partners for event-specific projects.
Reports to: VP of Development
Below is a summary of job responsibilities; click here for the full job description
This unique opportunity is a blend of marketing, public relations, communication and design so we assure you there will never be a dull moment! Below is a brief overview of the role's responsibilities and expectations (click here for full job description):
● Develop and oversee execution of short- and long-term marketing and communication plans and content calendar taking into account all departments and leveraging various marketing outlets/channels
● Monitor marketing budget and spending, track and report
● Ongoing analysis of performance, data and evaluation of effectiveness of marketing efforts
● Develop and execute marketing campaigns for annual film festivals (Indy Shorts & Heartland International Film Festival) and other special events throughout the year
Public Relations (40%):
● Create overall public/media relationships and messaging strategies to shape positive public opinion of Heartland Film and increase awareness of film festivals and events
● Establish and maintain relationships with audiences, community, key stakeholders and other relevant groups by managing press releases and other media communication
● Manage creation and distribution of press releases and media alerts (high priority around festival time)
● During festival manage: media requests, opportunities for engagement (ex. Interviews, press junkets), press accreditation and Red Carpet events
Graphic Design / Management (20%):
● Oversee visual design to ensure all marketing efforts maintain brand integrity and continuity across campaigns
● Manage project timelines for marketing design and signage
● Maintain vendor relationships to execute print and application of all signage and
● Bachelor's degree in marketing, mass communications, design, film, journalism, art of related field
● At least two (2) years related and applicable experience
● Passion for the film and nonprofit industry
● Desire for leadership and growth
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Hootsuite Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Social Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
● High level of creativity and strong sense of visual design
● Understand and analyze marketing reports, analytics and performance across various marketing channels/outlets
● Medical insurance
● Paid holidays and PTO
● Work alongside creatives and movie-lovers
● Opportunity to make a lasting impact on the local community as well as filmmakers from around the world
● Watch a lot of films and many before they're released to the public
● Gain experience in other areas such as: public speaking, creative writing, event planning, theater management and more!
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com