Marketing & PR Manager - Heartland Film
- 13-Jan-2020 to 13-Feb-2020
- - Heartland Film
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- full benefits package
Are you passionate about movies and supporting independent film? Do you have an appreciation for the arts? If so, keep reading!
Heartland Film is a nonprofit arts organization with a mission to inspire filmmakers and audiences through the transformative power of film. We're a well-established organization, yet continue to expand our reach year-over-year. And we're hiring a Marketing & PR Manager to join us on this journey of continued growth.
The Marketing & PR Manager promote Heartland film brand, film festivals and special events by developing strategic marketing and public relations plans; creating compelling content for web, social media channels, email communications, print materials and marketing collateral year-round; and will serve as the organizational liaison to outside agencies, vendors and partners for event-specific projects.
Reports to: VP of Development
Below is a summary of job responsibilities; click here for the full job description
This unique opportunity is a blend of marketing, public relations, communication and design so we assure you there will never be a dull moment! Below is a brief overview of the role's responsibilities and expectations (click here for full job description):
● Develop and oversee execution of short- and long-term marketing and communication plans and content calendar taking into account all departments and leveraging various marketing outlets/channels
● Monitor marketing budget and spending, track and report
● Ongoing analysis of performance, data and evaluation of effectiveness of marketing efforts
● Develop and execute marketing campaigns for annual film festivals (Indy Shorts & Heartland International Film Festival) and other special events throughout the year
Public Relations (40%):
● Create overall public/media relationships and messaging strategies to shape positive public opinion of Heartland Film and increase awareness of film festivals and events
● Establish and maintain relationships with audiences, community, key stakeholders and other relevant groups by managing press releases and other media communication
● Manage creation and distribution of press releases and media alerts (high priority around festival time)
● During festival manage: media requests, opportunities for engagement (ex. Interviews, press junkets), press accreditation and Red Carpet events
Graphic Design / Management (20%):
● Oversee visual design to ensure all marketing efforts maintain brand integrity and continuity across campaigns
● Manage project timelines for marketing design and signage
● Maintain vendor relationships to execute print and application of all signage and
● Bachelor's degree in marketing, mass communications, design, film, journalism, art of related field
● At least two (2) years related and applicable experience
● Passion for the film and nonprofit industry
● Desire for leadership and growth
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Hootsuite Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Social Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
● High level of creativity and strong sense of visual design
● Understand and analyze marketing reports, analytics and performance across various marketing channels/outlets
● Medical insurance
● Paid holidays and PTO
● Work alongside creatives and movie-lovers
● Opportunity to make a lasting impact on the local community as well as filmmakers from around the world
● Watch a lot of films and many before they're released to the public
● Gain experience in other areas such as: public speaking, creative writing, event planning, theater management and more!
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com