ECE Childcare Director - Christamore House
- 20-Jan-2020 to 20-Feb-2020
- - Christamore House Family and Community Service Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
• Maintain develop or modify curriculum to meet the needs of children enrolled in the Preschool and remain current with developments in the field. Develop long term plans to facilitate the growth of the Preschool. Plan and implement activities which are designed to develop a range of social, cognitive, and/or motor skills for preschool aged children.
• Supervise assistants and volunteers working in the classroom, ensuring all policies and procedures are followed.
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and promote professional development, training, and staff meetings.
• Maintain a clean, welcoming environment for clients, employees, and visitors.
• Implements a staff training program to ensure compliance with appropriate agencies.
• Ensures compliance with Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA), Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), policies, reports and guidelines.
• Gather and maintain data respective to each child which will facilitate the completion of two (2) summary reports per year. Data is to be gathered by way of anecdotal records, developmental checklists and portfolios.
• Plan and implement health and safety programs including universal health precautions, emergency procedures, and facility and equipment safety to ensure the safety of all children enrolled in the ECE program.
• Take necessary steps to assist ECE with achieving National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation.
• Attend required training sessions, seminars, in-service trainings and local conferences as required by NAEYC and licensing, to include programming related to Reggio Emilia Curriculum.
• Support, cooperate with and communicate with other administrative staff.
• Work and communicate with staff, parents and students in a manner that facilitates and maintains positive working relationships with all involved parties.
• Prepares and submits a budget for approval. Monitors the budget to ensure the center operates within the prescribed budgetary constraints. Recommend adjustments as needed.
• Research and assist with grant funding and development targeted for childcare.
• Other duties as assigned
The applicant for the ECE Childcare Director position must possess at least a Associates' Degree in Early Childhood Education or a similar discipline and experience in or knowledge of the Reggio Emilia Curriculum Approach. Possession of current CDA Certification and five (5) years of documented leadership experience in the absence of a bachelor's degree is acceptable. The applicant must have the knowledge and ability to facilitate best practices in Early Childhood and the disposition to work positively with others. The ideal applicant will have experience related to serving in an organization that has previously attained at least Level 3 in the Paths to Quality Accreditation Program. Most of all, the applicant must have respect and a love for children.
ECE Childcare Director must exhibit leadership and professionalism for all employees at all times. The ability to train staff to ensure their compliance with organizational and government regulations is imperative. The ECE Childcare Director is also directly responsible for ensuring that children that graduate from the program are intellectually and behaviorally ready to attend a kindergarten program.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com