Operations Manager - Servants at Work Inc (SAWs)
- 20-Jan-2020 to 20-Feb-2020
- - Servants at Work (SAWs)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
SAWs is a faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to providing freedom to low-income, permanently disabled individuals through the construction of wheelchair ramps to the exterior of their homes. Our ramps serve as their gateways to the world, re-opening the possibilities of connecting with neighbors and their larger community as well as providing independence and dignity.
SAWs builds high-quality, removable and reusable wooden ramps for low-income, permanently disabled individuals who use wheelchairs, scooters or walkers. Our work is transformative for the ramp recipient and their caregivers as well as for our volunteers who witness the joy-filled moment when an individual regains freedom.
The stories we hear from our ramp recipients and their family members are moving tales of transformation: depression lifted with increased independence; dignity restored by not having to resort to being dragged up and down the steps to exit and enter their home; reconnection with other family members with mobility issues; a renewed sense of belonging in one's community.
Our staff and volunteers work tirelessly and joyfully to make a difference in the lives of our clients and their caregivers. All labor for our ramp construction is provided by volunteers and the ramps are provided at no cost to our clients. Ramps are built by volunteers who register individually online as well as by dedicated teams of volunteers from businesses, churches and service organizations. Our team builds are popular because of the immediate, tangible impact on the lives of our clients and their caregivers.
If our mission captures your imagination and you yearn to make a difference in the community, we welcome your application.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will manage volunteers engaged in the execution of operational programs and provide weekly build schedules for all SAWs ramps for management, project managers and area coordinators. This role will collaborate and communicate with clients, vendors, staff and volunteers while maintaining high quality and staying within budget.
● Provide effective and inspiring leadership for all SAWs hub locations through the continuing support of the Project Managers, Area Coordinators and Volunteers.
● Develop, implement and certify that all SAWs ramps are built to the standards set forth in the Best Practice training program.
● Forecast, plan and create SAWs annual state-wide and hub build ramp schedules. Track progress based on the client pipeline from client waiver through survey, ramp drawings and final ramp site fabrication.
● Cultivate and retain positive working relationships with suppliers that support SAWs hub locations.
● Identify problems and challenges in the operations pipeline. Proactively research and suggest possible solutions to management.
● Promote and implement safety policies and supplement those safety practices as needed.
● Provide additional oversight and input into warehousing operations and systems.
● Participate in and provide input for the annual budget preparations.
● Interact and collaborate on a regular basis with the all staff members.
● Provide schedules and documentation to the Executive Director and the SAWs board of directors as requested.
● Occasionally interact with individual donors, churches, corporate sponsors and local government officials.
● Maximize production efficiency to enable SAWs to build as many ramps and serve as many clients as possible.
● Manage and balance workloads.
● Manage trucking needs and ordering of materials.
● Recruit and develop Project Managers.
● Ensure compliance with ADA ramp specifications.
● Should possess a respectable understanding of accounting principles including but not limited to:
○ Profit and loss
○ Fixed assets along with general understanding for insurance liabilities and risks
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and interact with all levels of volunteers and management.
● Ability to manage, develop and implement program strategies.
● Ability to prioritize and communicate with volunteers and staff the key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational and annual budget goals.
● Adherence to SAWs Organizational Values in all aspects of carrying out job functions: Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Collaboration and Reliability
● Unwavering commitment to best practices and a proactive approach to safety and quality.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Action-oriented, flexible and innovative.
● Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
● Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
● Ability to adapt to change and adversity while maintaining a schedule.
● Computer skills (especially with software SAWs uses).
● Minimum of 5 years of construction experience.
● Ability to lift 40 pounds, work on feet and other physical requirements.
● Valid driver's license.
● Ability to work independently/self-manage.
● OSHA/ADA training/certification preferred.
● College degree preferred.
Why work with us?
● Opportunities to join a rapidly growing organization
● Engage in work that tangibly changes lives
● Flexible schedule
● Comfortable and casual environment
Servants at Work Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Why do you want to work for SAWs?
2. Please share your experience in managing volunteers.
3. Please share your construction experience.
4. Please describe your comfort level with using new software and mobile technology.
5. Please describe your view on the importance of promoting and adhering to safety processes and procedures.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com