Director of Alumni and Donor Engagement - College Mentors
- 20-Jan-2020 to 20-Feb-2020
- - College Mentors for Kids, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Mid $40,000s
- Full Time
- Generous benefits package
The Director of Alumni and Donor Engagement will provide leadership to increase alumni engagement and philanthropic support from individuals to College Mentors for Kids' national office.
Organization Mission and Purpose
At College Mentors, we believe that mentoring transforms lives. We connect kids to college students through weekly on-campus activities that inspire growth, confidence, and brighter futures. Our vision is for all school kids to look forward sooner and be able to give back later.
The College Mentors for Kids program has remained consistent since our founding by two Indiana University students in 1995. Our founders saw the need for mentors and the energy and enthusiasm of college students and created a unique program to match the two. Although originally started to benefit kids, we know now that the college students benefit from our program as much as the kids do.We serve over 2,700 elementary school kids and 3,300 college students across 32 chapters in 9 states.
The Director of Alumni and Donor Engagement will provide leadership to increase alumni engagement and philanthropic support from individuals to College Mentors for Kids' national office. The Director's primary responsibilities will be to create and execute a comprehensive, multi-year alumni and donor engagement plan for individuals to begin or deepen their involvement with College Mentors for Kids. Successful leadership and implementation of the plan will result in increased engagement of alumni and individuals, increased donor retention, support from new individuals and yearly revenue growth in unrestricted gifts. This position reports to the National Director of Development and is located at College Mentors for Kids' national office in Indianapolis, IN.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create a strategic alumni and donor engagement plan to encourage involvement with College Mentors for Kids' national office and support the organization's mission resulting in annual revenue growth.
• Expand and oversee communication and engagement of all alumni constituents (college mentors, little buddies, friends and family, etc.).
• Plan, implement and provide resources for alumni and donor engagement events or meetings; lead committee(s) pertaining to alumni and volunteers, including the central Indiana young professionals group, EtC; travel to key College Mentors for Kids' Midwest markets for alumni and donor gatherings.
• In coordination with the Associate Director of Operations, provide content and implement an alumni communications strategy with a strong emphasis on social media.
• Create and implement processes across the program database and development database to collect alumni contact and employment information in order to expand engagement opportunities; manage alumni and donor records in Raiser's Edge.
• Develop content for direct mail, e-solicitations, gift renewals, acknowledgment letters, impact statements and annual community report. In collaboration with the Associate Director of Operations, implement policies and procedures relating to alumni and annual giving, including managing monthly gift renewals and e-solicitations for those not in a portfolio.
• Monitor and evaluate alumni and donor engagement plan's effectiveness and make recommendations for continued development and improvement.
• You would be a great fit for this role if:
• You're an excellent connector with the ability to develop relationships across diverse communities with College Mentors for Kids alumni, donors and volunteers.
• You enjoy creative writing and creating compelling communications for the masses; you also have a strong attention to detail, including excellent grammar and proofing skills.
• You enjoy social media storytelling and learning about alumni/donor communication trends.
• You like to balance multiple projects and effectively manage and set priorities to achieve deadlines.
• You like to analyze data and are familiar with Excel and donor database software applications or you're willing to learn; College Mentors for Kids utilizes Raiser's Edge and Raiser's Edge NXT.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
College Mentors for Kids, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com