Associate Director of Programming - College Mentors
- 20-Jan-2020 to 20-Feb-2020
- - College Mentors for Kids, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Mid $30,000s
- Full Time
- Generous benefits package
The associate director of programming is responsible for overseeing and ensuring program quality, program management, and financial sustainability at the chapter level.
Organization Mission and Purpose:
At College Mentors, we believe that mentoring transforms lives. We connect kids to college students through weekly on-campus activities that inspire growth, confidence, and brighter futures. Our vision is for all school kids to look forward sooner and be able to give back later.
The College Mentors for Kids program has remained consistent since our founding by two Indiana University students in 1995. Our founders saw the need for mentors and the energy and enthusiasm of college students and created a unique program to match the two. Although originally started to benefit kids, we know now that the college students benefit from our program as much as the kids do. We serve over 2,700 elementary school kids and 3,300 college students across 32 chapters in 9 states.
The organization is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a direct link to our campus-based mentor program and the college student volunteers at our collegiate chapters. The associate director of programming is responsible for overseeing and ensuring program quality, program management, and financial sustainability at the chapter level. This includes onsite and remote chapter support, college student leadership development, chapter fund development, volunteer training, partnership development, and program management.
Written and verbal communications skills, relationship building skills, the ability to interact effectively with a variety of people, and teamwork skills are essential.
The applicant can be based out of our national office in Indianapolis, Indiana or in Ohio near one of our Ohio program chapters. This position reports to the national director of programming. This position includes significant evening work and travel during the academic year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all campus-related functions and aid in the creation and implementation of short- and long-term chapter plans involving recruitment, fundraising, activity planning, training, partnership development, budgeting, chapter strengthening, goal setting, and leadership.
• Communicate with college students, school partners, and university faculty to assist in problem-solving.
• Ensure volunteers implement the national College Mentors for Kids program model.
• Assist chapters with fundraising planning and execution and financial management.
• Travel to each assigned chapter to provide on-site support and assistance to chapter staff and partners (includes evening hours and some overnight travel during the academic year). During the academic year, associate directors of programming spend approximately 35% of their time traveling/working at chapters.
• Collect and manage data and reports from each assigned chapter on a weekly or monthly basis.
• Assist in the revision and creation of trainings, resources, and management of projects to strengthen the program.
• Manage college student interns in our national office.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• You would be a great fit for this role if:
• You are energized by solving problems.
• You like each day to be different and enjoy re-prioritizing and working through unexpected challenges.
• You enjoy motivating and guiding college students.
• You enjoy juggling a lot of tasks, details, and information at the same time.
• You like working with a diverse group of individuals.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
College Mentors for Kids, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com