Youth Program Coordinator - Domestic Violence Network
- 27-Jan-2020 to 27-Feb-2020
- - Domestic Violence Network
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Domestic Violence Network seeks to change the culture that leads to domestic violence through advocacy, education and collaboration. We are currently seeking a full time Youth Program Coordinator within our small, but dynamic organization.
The Youth Program Coordinator will educate young people on healthy vs unhealthy relationships, social and emotional learning, youth advocacy, and much, much MORE!
If you enjoy working with middle and high school students, enjoy providing education and instruction in a classroom setting, and making a positive impact in our community, this may be your new career.
As a Youth Program Coordinator, a typical day might be:
Ha! There is no typical day! Every day is new and exciting! But here is a possible snapshot:
• Educating a classroom of young people on healthy relationships, consent and teen dating violence
• Working with young people on a public awareness campaign promoting healthy relationships
• Assembling materials for classroom education
• Providing guidance to a school counselor concerning a victim of teen dating violence
• Educating adults on the dynamics of teen dating violence and how to assist young victims
• Inputting evaluation and demographic data for grant reporting
This job might be for you if:
You love young people! This is a must as you will be working with young people every day! As cliché as it sounds, you believe children are our future. You also listen to and value young people's opinions, ideas and unique challenges. You are passionate about healthy relationships and safe communities. While not a deal breaker, it would be great if you have a working knowledge of trauma informed care and adverse childhood experiences (ACEs).
We are looking for authentic, playful, engaging, passionate, and invested, shiny people. If you have 2+ years of experience working with young people, apply now.
Click the APPLY button to submit your cover letter and resume to Lindsay Stawick, Associate Director.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com