Volunteer Outreach & Engagement Coordinator (part-time) - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 03-Feb-2020 to 03-Mar-2020
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- starting salary for this position is $15.00 per hour.
- Part Time
We are looking for someone to execute the volunteer engagement efforts for the agency through strategic recruitment campaigns and outreach, corporate and community focused partnership development, and implementation of marketing and social media strategies to initiate the enrollment process with a high level of customer service.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
Outreach and Engagement:
• Build relationships that may lead to volunteer engagement opportunities by representing BBBSCI at relevant community networking and other events/forums.
• Recruit volunteers to match with youth on the eastside through scheduling, planning, facilitation, staffing and follow up of presentations, meetings, participation at fairs/events, and other opportunities to build awareness.
• Create a recruitment strategy, that can be duplicated, to develop partnerships in eastside congregations.
• Participate in volunteer and partnership prospecting for the eastside.
• Create introductory engagement opportunities for individuals who are trying to decide their commitment level with the hopes they will become Bigs.
• Develop and execute strategic recruitment campaigns including planning, partnership development, development of messaging and materials, etc.
• Collaborate with development department as it relates to corporate partners and employee volunteer engagement.
• Complete assigned initial volunteer orientation phone conversations with prospective volunteers and steward through process until handed to Enrollment Matching team, as assigned.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records of recruitment relationships in database.
• Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth and development experience for the child and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
• Ensure accurate, consistent and timely documentation is completed in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
• Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
• Work with strategically identified external partners (i.e. Schools, community centers, corporations, etc.) to build relationships for youth referrals and family resources.
• Staff recruitment booths/tables, match activities and agency events.
• Share with development, engagement, partnership and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships and stories as discovered through match contacts with Big, Little and Parent/Guardian.
• Maintain customer service at levels exceeding expectations of our partners, volunteers, parents, and children.
• Be an ambassador for BBBSCI by representing BBBS in a professional manner, identifying and seizing opportunities to recruit volunteers, and furthering the mission of BBBS.
• Maintain budget documents including invoices and other expenses incurred by department as needed.
• Must have high school diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree preferred. Education or experience in sales, fundraising, communication, marketing, or community development.
• Must have strong relationships in the eastside community
• Must have strong presentation skills.
• Required to travel approximately 70% of time out of the office to present opportunities to potential volunteer. May include some travel to attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
• Must be able and willing to work evenings and weekends as required by agency.
• Must have reliable transportation. Drivers of privately-owned vehicles must have valid driver's license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums. May be required to transport clients.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by February 28.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com