Special Events Coordinator - Indianapolis Zoo
- 10-Feb-2020 to 14-Feb-2020
- - Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- competitive benefits package, including generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 403B plan, Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
If you are an organized, detailed-oriented, polished professional possessing the ability to multi-task, while exhibiting creativity, vision and enthusiasm, then we are looking for you to join our advancement team as a Special Events Coordinator. This is your chance to learn from the best in the field and to work on the region's premier special events including Zoobilation, Brewfari and Elegant Vintages Wine Auction.
• Assist with the organization and execution of the Zoo's premier events, including Zoobilation, Brewfari and Elegant Vintages Wine Auction
• Ability to work flexible hours, including long hours around Zoo fundraising events and attend after-hours committee meetings or events.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively for loading and unloading of event props and materials is required.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
• Accurate, detailed, and follow-through mandatory;
• Ability to multi-task, handle high pressure situations, and meet tight deadlines;
• Good working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, and computer databases. Raiser's Edge and Greater Giving preferred;
• Working knowledge of social media and mobile apps;
• Experience in managing budgets;
• Must have a valid driver's license;
• High school diploma required, post-secondary education is preferred, with a BS in fundraising or marketing preferred. A minimum of one year professional experience with special event management or volunteer leadership required.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug test, driving record check, and criminal history check.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a Drug Free/Smoke Free/Child Safe/ EEO Employer Work Environment.
Click the APPLY button to complete an online application by Feb 14.
In the "Position Desired" section of the application, please enter "Special Events Coordinator'.
To help ensure receipt of your online application, it is recommended applicants use a computer running Windows XP or higher, with at least Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome, or Safari.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com