Marketing and Communications Internship 2020 - Jump IN for Healthy Kids
- 10-Feb-2020 to 10-Mar-2020
- - Jump IN for Healthy Kids
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Jump IN for Healthy Kids is a community-wide effort to empower kids in Central Indiana to live healthier lives. Our mission is to create healthy places, neighborhoods, and communities where families have real opportunities to make healthy choices that promote their health, vitality and well-being, including access to affordable, healthy food and meaningful opportunities to play and be active.
Jump IN for Healthy Kids was created to reduce the high prevalence of child obesity in central Indiana, an area facing profound health disparities and economic disadvantages. Bringing community stakeholders together to form a comprehensive, multi-sector collective impact effort, Jump IN focuses on creating "Healthy Places, Healthy Neighborhoods, and a Healthy Community" by (1) changing the policies, practices, and environments in schools, child care facilities, and other places that influence the health behaviors of children and families; (2) addressing barriers to healthy food access and active living; and (3) improving the overall culture of health in the community through public awareness and engagement. Jump IN's goal is to reduce the prevalence of childhood overweight and obesity in central Indiana from an estimated 43% in 2015 to 38% by 2025.
Jump IN for Healthy Kids (Jump IN) seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on marketing and communications experience while learning about and helping support an important, not-for-profit, public health initiative.
• Assist in planning and executing website (www.JumpINforHealthyKids.org) updates, media relations efforts, social media strategy, and capacity-building social media pilot campaign • Assist in planning, updating and maintaining Jump IN's social media presence
• Assist in planning, writing and managing weekly blog posts
• Track blog, website, and social media engagement
• Assist in drafting, distributing and pitching news releases, media alerts, and other internal and external communications
• Represent Jump IN at selected events, including hosting a table at community events, meetings, and summits
• Basic proficiency in content management systems, and social media management tools
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), and Outlook
• InDesign and Photoshop experience highly desired; knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for the mission of Jump IN for Healthy Kids
Start Date: As soon as possible/negotiable
Hours: 20 hours/week
This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To learn more about Jump IN for Healthy Kids, please visit www.JumpINforHealthyKids.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com