Bilingual Enrollment & Matching Specialist - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 10-Feb-2020 to 25-Mar-2020
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- starting salary for this position is $32,000
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
The Bilingual Enrollment & Matching Specialist enrolls and assesses youth and volunteers for eligibility and suitability for the program and places them in an appropriate match.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve
1) educational success,
2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and
3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
Enrollment and Matching Responsibilities:
• Assess the eligibility, suitability, and match-ability of all applicants, including their ability to build and sustain a safe and healthy relationship;
• Ensure a client centered approach from inquiry to match support;
• Make matches that are most likely to result in strong and enduring relationships;
• Ensure participant's understanding and buy-in on agency policies and program expectations;
• Begin the process of evaluating impact through collection of baseline data;
• Ensure that appropriate pre-match training is provided to all participants; and
• Effectively communicate with Mentoring Relationship Specialists the training and support needs of incoming matches.
• Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth and development experience for the child and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
• Ensure accurate documentation is completed in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
• Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
• Work with strategically identified external partners (ie. Schools, community centers, corporations, etc.) to build relationships for youth referrals and family resources.
• Staff recruitment booths/tables, match activities and agency events.
• Share with development, engagement, partnership and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships and stories as discovered through match contacts with Big, Little and Parent/Guardian.
• Maintain customer service at levels exceeding expectations of our partners, volunteers, parents, and children.
• Be an ambassador for BBBSCI by representing BBBS in a professional manner, identifying and seizing opportunities to recruit volunteers, and furthering the mission of BBBS.
• Maintain budget documents including invoices and other expenses incurred by department as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Human Services, Social Services, or related field, or experience in social services, education and/or child development
• Fluent in Spanish (oral/written).
• Participation in continuing education programs as requested.
• Required to travel approximately 60% of time to meet agency needs (often in places of employment or individual homes), attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
• Must have reliable transportation. Drivers of privately-owned vehicles must have valid driver's license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums. May be required to transport clients.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by March 13.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com