Coalition Builder - Prosperity Indiana
- 17-Feb-2020 to 17-Mar-2020
- - Prosperity Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $35,000-$45,000, depending upon experience
- Full Time
Prosperity Indiana supports a network of organizations that builds vital communities and resilient families. Prosperity Indiana advocates for public policies and assists the network in developing comprehensive solutions that engage local leadership to generate private and public investment.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Coalition Builder is the lead staff person for the Indiana Assets and Opportunity Network. The goal of the A&O Network is to increase asset acquisition for low-wealth Hoosiers and to strengthen local economies through policy advocacy and capacity building in partnership with local organizations and coalitions. The position will develop a work plan for the Network, which will outline strategies to build Network capacity, help Network members deliver measurable asset-building outcomes, and change public policy to support asset-building strategies. The Coalition Builder works in partnership with the Policy Director and A&O partner agencies to build the Network and deliver on its work plan. The Network leads a coalition dedicated to reforming payday lending in the state.
The Coalition Builder is also the lead staff person for the Opportunity Starts at Home – Indiana Coalition (OSAH-IN). Opportunity Starts at Home is a long-term, multi-sector campaign to meet the rental housing needs of the nation's low-income people. The Coalition Builder will recruit members and engage a coalition in support of the goals of the OSAH-IN Campaign, convene meetings across the state, provide updates to coalition members, and distribute materials outlining campaign work and Indiana-specific data. The position will meet with state and federal lawmakers to educate them on the need for expanded affordable housing, as well as lead and organize presentations to non-housing partners related to housing.
The Coalition Builder may also serve on or facilitate other coalition building activities related to Prosperity Indiana's membership needs.
• Convening and staffing the Indiana Assets and Opportunity Network steering committee
• Recruit and engage both housing and non-housing groups to the Opportunity Starts at Home – Indiana Campaign
• Provide written updates and reports of activities to Network members and OSAH-IN partners on a regular basis
• Meet with state and federal lawmakers to educate them on coalition priorities
• Maintain the Network member database and other online capacities, including website, forums, webinars, etc.
• Facilitate data collection necessary for assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of A&O Network and OSAH-IN activities
• Advance the expansion of the Community Loan Centers payday loan alternative by generating resources to grow the program statewide
• Strong commitment to working in a mission-driven community development organization
• Passion for asset-building strategies and affordable housing issues
• Customer service oriented and the ability to work with diverse groups
• Highly organized with demonstrated ability to work on several simultaneous projects and enjoys tasks that involve attention to detail
• Must have solid research skills
• In-depth knowledge of organizational development and management principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to do occasional statewide traveling and have dependable transportation
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• Grant writing experience a plus
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com