Major and Planned Giving Officer - WFYI
- 02-Mar-2020 to 01-Apr-2020
- - WFYI Public Media
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
WFYI is seeking a Major and Planned Giving Officer to qualify and manage a portfolio of major donors to directly contribute to our more than $1.3 million in annual individual giving, as well as planned and capital giving. This position will be responsible for developing and executing strategies for donor identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation. They should have an ability to build a relationship with donors and clearly communicate our organization's mission. As a nonprofit, we rely on our 25,000 individual donors for more than one-third of our annual operating budget.
As Indiana's largest public media, WFYI reaches more than half a million people with trusted news and compelling stories across radio, TV, digital, and in-person. Every day, we leverage NPR, PBS and our local staff to empower, educate, entertain, and connect our communities through impactful journalism, inspiring stories, and lifelong learning. Our mission has never been more important than it is right now.
• Qualifies and stewards a portfolio of 125-150 donors for major gifts cultivation.
• Conducts a minimum of 10 face-to-face donor calls monthly.
• Identifies, cultivates and solicits planned gifts.
• Ensures that donor and potential donor information is entered into WFYI's organizational database in a standardized, timely and accurate manner.
• Meets the goals set annually for revenue growth, expectancies secured, and number of face-to-face visits.
• Develops strategies that contribute to the retention of annual and planned gifts.
• Works well with volunteers, foundation, and board members to ensure goals and objectives are met.
• Helps coordinate, communicate and implement major donor and planned giving donor events.
• Ensure that donor and potential donor information is entered into WFYI's organizational database in a standardized, timely and accurate manner.
• Meets the goals set annually for revenue growth, expectancies secured, and number of face-to-face visits
• Candidates must have successful history of securing gifts of $10,000+ annually.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years' experience in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major and planned gifts.
• Experience using a donor database and other donor management technology, Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
• Experience qualifying donors through the moves management process.
• Experience or knowledge of planned giving vehicles, principles and best practices.
• Candidates should possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills, be computer literate and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Position requires that the individual be a self-starter, enjoy a fast-paced, high energy environment and be willing to work varied hours and attend off-site events. Capacity to think strategically, as well as creatively will be advantageous.
• Proven ability to work with internal and external constituencies in a professional and courteous manner.
• This position is based in Indianapolis with required local travel.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
• High energy and passion for WFYI Public Media mission and core values of: Operating with unquestionable integrity; collaborating with each other and with community partners; respecting everyone; serving with humility; embracing change; delivering excellence every day. Sense of humor.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com