Donor Relations Director (aka: Major Gifts Officer) - The Salvation Army Indiana
- 02-Mar-2020 to 16-Apr-2020
- - Salvation Army Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Salvation Army Mission
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Donor Relations Director / Major Gifts Officer (DRD/MGO) plays a key role in the success of the Indiana Division fund development efforts, specifically leading the major gift strategies in the Indianapolis area. The DRD/MGO is responsible for ongoing and proactive relationship management, strategic communications plans, gift cultivation, and solicitation activity with an assigned portfolio of qualified and potential major donors. In this role, the DRD/MGO will identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors and prospects, acting as the primary contact between The Salvation Army and the assigned portfolio.
Primary Performance Objectives:
• Establishes, manages and fulfills a portfolio communications plan, including individual fundraising goals and personalized strategies, to effectively steward, educate, cultivate and solicit gifts from major donors each fiscal year, with an emphasis on gifts of $5,000 and higher.
• Works with prospect research manager at Territorial Headquarters and local staff to do research to develop donor profiles to inform "moves management" strategies and planning conversations.
• Prepares and provides written proposals to major gift prospects as needed, including TSA staff and/or voluntary leaders as appropriate.
• Makes use of special events, TSA site visit tours, face-to-face briefings by TSA leaders, and other initiatives to engage with assigned donors to bring them closer to TSA and deepen their awareness of the impact of TSA's work, especially in the area of interest to the donor, and participates in such opportunities alongside donors.
Preferred Experience, Education and Knowledge:
• Bachelor's degree in non-profit management, marketing, business administration or related fields or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge and abilities to successfully engage in fundraising activities.
• Advanced degree and/or CFRE credentials are preferred.
• A minimum of five years' experience in non-profit fund raising with a proven track record of success in personal solicitation for major gifts.
• A strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems relevant to the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process.
• Experience working with high-level volunteers, donors and program staff on collaborative activities.
• Experience, familiarity and/or ability to work in a complex non-profit organization with many departments, programs and fund-raising priorities.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com