Health Educator (part-time) - Little Red Door Cancer Agency
- 16-Mar-2020 to 15-Apr-2020
- - Little Red Door Cancer Agency
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
As Indiana's oldest cancer agency, Little Red Door helps underserved Hoosiers battling cancer, educates the public about cancer prevention and provides cancer screenings to uninsured people in central Indiana. For more information, visit www.littlereddoor.org.
Little Red Door seeks a well-spoken and dependable individual to implement and evaluate our tobacco prevention program HURU to middle school and high school students during the academic year. You will earn experience in the many different aspects of a nonprofit organization while having a real effect in the lives of students across Central Indiana. In off seasons, you will have the opportunity to do community event planning, nutrition education, and community outreach events.
• Travel to schools in Central Indiana to teach students about the consequences about using tobacco
• Collect pre and post test data from students
• Input data into a database and create summary sheets for each school to analyze learning growth
• Keep up to date on new information on tobacco, cancer, and general health
• Look for ways to improve program for the following year
• Create new educational materials to educate the public on cancer prevention and detection.
• Find and attend community health fairs in Central Indiana.
• All other duties assigned
An ideal candidate must:
• Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical and committed to the mission of Little Red Door Cancer Agency
• Excellent attention to detail
• Possess solid oral and written communication skills
• Be skilled at a variety of computer skills and programs, e.g., Microsoft Office or Prezi
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Public Health, Community Health, Health Science, Health Education and Promotion etc.)
• Ability to work well individually as well as with a team
• Must have own transportation
• Be tobacco free
25 hours/week minimum, schedule is flexible
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter to Tina Jacob.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com