President/CEO - Fathers and Families Center
- 16-Mar-2020 to 15-Apr-2020
- - Fathers and Families Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
This opening was created by the retirement of a long-term, successful leader and founding President/CEO. As an agency that has garnered local, state and national prominence in the Fatherhood field for over 27 years, we are seeking a dynamic seasoned senior executive to lead Fathers and Families Center as we provide a full continuum of programs and services to fathers and their fragile families throughout Marion County, Indiana. Please note that this position will be filled Fall 2020.
Fathers and Families Center is an independent not-for-profit corporation that is affiliated with Eskenazi Health. The mission of Fathers and Families Center is "To build a noble legacy of fatherhood – assisting fathers in achieving self-sufficiency and in strengthening families to improve the life chances of children." We accomplish this by working with fathers to help them to be better partners, providers and parents for their fragile families through a comprehensive and holistic continuum of programs and services.
The President/CEO serves as the chief executive of Fathers and Families Center and, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the success, sustainability and growth of the organization. Together, the Board and the President/CEO assure FFC's relevance to the community, the accomplishment of FFC's mission and vision, and the accountability of FFC to its diverse constituents. The Board delegates responsibility for the management and day-to-day operations to the President/CEO, and s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The President/CEO provides direction and subject matter expertise to the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Strategic Vision and Leadership: Works with the Board to set strategic direction and provides leadership for implementation of FFC priorities in alignment with the mission, while fostering a positive, professional and high-performing workplace. Works with Board, as a whole and in committees, to fulfill the Board's governance responsibilities and further the organization's mission, vision and values.
2. Resource Development: Serves as the lead fund development officer for FFC; working with the Board and key staff to identify funding opportunities and develop fundraising goals, effective stewardship strategies and cultivation of funds for programs, capacity-building, and prudent reserves as well as endowment funds as appropriate. Manage a sustainable and successful strategy for growing revenue, grants, contributions and other income at appropriate levels.
3. Community Collaboration and Impact: Acts as an advocate across public, private and philanthropic sectors for fatherhood. Effectively represent and serve as chief spokesperson at national, state and local levels for Fathers and Families Center, advocating for its mission and for key issues related to fatherhood and its impact on families and communities.
4. Program Management and Operations/Financial Performance: Works with senior management team to deliver quality programming, developing appropriate policies, programs and processes to generate optimal client outcomes and exemplary customer experience and organizational sustainability. Manages FFC resources judiciously to generate financial viability, sustainability and growth of the organization. Build and maintain high levels of stewardship, transparency and accountability. Maintains ongoing compliance with law, regulation, funder requirements and best practice.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED THROUGH:
• Master's Degree in related fields required. Doctoral degree preferred.
• 7-10 years in a senior strategic leadership position required including experience leading a high performing team in the nonprofit sector or in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
• Significant fundraising, and fiscal management experience a must.
• Expertise in executing successful revenue strategies, including increasing philanthropic support.
• Substantial Board development and governance experience a must.
• Knowledge and skills in human services' best practices, including financial management, program design, implementation and evaluation.
• Documented track record of successful awards and compliance of grants and contracts with a variety of funders with varied guidelines, rules and program reporting requirements.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a concise and easily understood manner to a range of audiences.
• A high level of intellectual curiosity and desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to addressing and solving problems.
• Ability to command the confidence and respect of multiple diverse stakeholders.
• Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and inclusion
• A successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team.
• Demonstrated competency in the use of computers and relevant technology including but not limited to, internet, email and databases, and software such as Microsoft Office.
• Valid Driver's License.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Anna Melodia by May 1, 2020.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com