Administrative Assistant - Center for Interfaith Cooperation
- 19-Mar-2020 to 18-Apr-2020
- - Center for Interfaith Cooperation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Compensation will be dependent on experience and can range from $15-$20 per hour.
- Full Time
The Center for Interfaith Cooperation is currently looking for an energetic, organized, and detail-oriented person who excels at professional communication and time management to serve an Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Executive Director. This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys working with diverse populations, is eager to learn about various cultures and religions, and brings at least 2-3 years of relevant administrative experience to the role.
Center for Interfaith Cooperation (CIC)
Through celebration, education, dialogue, and service, the Center for Interfaith Cooperation encourages religious literacy in our community, pursuing peace through interfaith understanding and cooperation. Our work remains focused on supporting existing connections between and among faith communities, fostering additional interfaith opportunities through social, cultural, and educational interactions, and connecting communities through volunteer service and civic engagement.
As a critical part of CIC's internal operations and a visible representative of the organization, responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include but may not be limited to:
• serving as an initial point of contact for CIC partners and community members
• answering phones and greeting visitors
• organizing files and maintaining records
• creating correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director and/or CIC
• preparing reports and documents
• coordinating various calendars
• taking phone calls and messages
• corresponding with board members, staff, community partners, donors, and others to coordinate meetings, promote events, and share other key communication as needed
• preparing for meetings and presentations
• capturing notes in meetings
• managing incoming and outgoing mail
• preparing and managing invoices
• offering general support to staff and board members as needed
• other duties as assigned
Requirements for Position
• Commitment to CIC's mission and values
• High School diploma or HSE
• Excellent time management as well as organizational and multitasking skills
• Working knowledge of sorting, copying, and mass mail procedures
• Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry and the ability to learn new skills such as basic proficiency with Quickbooks
• Ability to enter data efficiently, timely, and correctly in order to meet deadlines
• Well-developed verbal, listening, and written communications skills
• Ability to work independently or as a team player
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and manner
• Ability to contend with a wide variety of people on various issues
• Ability to work in a busy office with constant interruptions
• 2-3 years previous experience in an office environment
• Knowledge of general bookkeeping, accounting and/or Human Resources skills are extremely beneficial
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required
This is a full-time (30-40 hours per week) position, with Monday through Friday office hours from 9am-5pm with an hour lunch break and some weekend and evening hours required for special events.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter describing the experience or qualities that uniquely qualify you for this position, resume, and 3 references.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com