Marketing and Communications Manager - Gleaners Food Bank
- 24-Mar-2020 to 19-Apr-2020
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for coordinating and executing our marketing campaigns and activities across all channels to meet and grow fundraising goals. They promote the Gleaners brand to a variety of constituencies through digital and print platforms. Key responsibilities include management of Gleaners' website, social media channels, email marketing, special event promotion, project management and general marketing and fundraising initiatives. This position is an integral member of the advancement team.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
• Manage, coordinate and execute and monitor digital marketing strategies to increase awareness, engagement, and revenue goals.
o Update and monitor website content, and develop landing pages.
o Daily content management and execution of social media posts on a variety of channels (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Blog); monitor emerging channels; schedule all digital/social media updates via Hootsuite.
• Manage, create and distribute Gleaners email marketing and solicitations, including e-Newsletters.
o Write/edit content and layout of e-blasts and e-Newsletters to increase readership, engagement, and fundraising revenue.
o Assist with and schedule volunteer e-News.
• Serve as project manager for direct mail program, coordinating with other team members for key components (list, content, creative), and serve as main point of content for vendors.
• Develop Strategy for enhancing and maintaining Gleaners' Story bank for digital and traditional marketing and fundraising.
o Take/edit photos and videos; maintain photo and video library.
o Develop and maintain an easy, accessible filing system that all departments can utilize when stories are needed.
• Assist with outreach, campaigns, and events, including Hunger Action Month, digital food and fund drives, donor appreciation events, cause marketing, and other awareness and fundraising events.
• Assist with creation of other communication and marketing materials.
o Manage expense budget within purview of supervisor. Maintain accountability to administrative systems and procedures, including submitting expense reimbursements, invoices, etc. in a timely fashion or by deadlines assigned.
o Contribute to the development of the fundraising budget and goals.
o Participate actively in staff meetings, retreats and Board meetings when requested.
• Supervise and direct marketing and communication volunteers and interns. Provide regular feedback, mentoring, training, and communicate expectations.
• All other duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience in related field.
• Three or more years preferred of digital marketing/sales experience, with strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital marketing and social media channels.
• Graphic design skills, working with Adobe Creative Suite products and WordPress web management platform.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communications skills.
• Ability to professionally communicate with all audiences (volunteers, donors, corporate contacts, staff members, etc.)
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of volunteers, general public, media and staff; an attentive listener.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform basic math functions.
• Experience with coordination and preparation of project budgets.
• Continuous improvement methodology.
• Proficient at Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, Access, Excel, mail merges and transcription
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools
• In depth knowledge of Blackbaud Luminate Online and WordPress
• Ability to work a computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, calculator, and smart phone.
• Valid driver's license/Clean driving record /Must be insurable by company vehicle insurance provider.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
• Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to details in planning and execution.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize a large number of tasks.
• A commitment to full and visible participation as a hunger relief leader in the community.
• Ability to work well, build rapport and make persuasive case for support with diverse constituent groups, both internally and externally.
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Communication, Customer Service, Reliability/Dependability, Respect and Integrity, Teamwork, Work Habits/Planning, Leadership, Operational Management, People Management and Strategic Thinking.
Click the APPLY button to apply online.
Gleaners Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com