Major Gift Officer - Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
- 20-Apr-2020 to 19-May-2020
- - Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, dental, vision, 403B, Vacation, Holidays, Paid Time Off
The Major Gift Officer works to support the goals and objectives of Girl Scouts of Central Indiana, with major emphasis on the cultivation and solicitation of external individual donors considered to be Major donors. The Major Gift Officer offers opportunities for working with, and alongside, other Departments to share council goals.
Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage Raiser's Edge, council Fund Development data base – making sure that donor files within assigned portfolio are up to date and complete.
• Work and collaborate with Annual Giving Manager and Chief Development Officer in identifying potential Major Gift prospects.
• Manage Planned Giving elements, including web site recognition, events and communications.
• Work with Chief Development Officer to create applicable documents and shared communication with donors.
• Regularly create and capitalize on opportunities to increase council-wide Major Giving.
o Manage and cultivate portfolio of individual givers.
o Oversee stewardship of Major Giving donors.
• Spearhead council-wide Planned Giving efforts, including, but not limited to:
o Creation of events – including education and celebratory.
o Working in tandem with Departments to create opportunities to recruit and grow major donors.
o Working with all applicable council-wide staff to create functional and effective marketing materials and techniques.
• Build and cultivate strategic council-wide relationships that will help reach overall Fund Development financial goals.
• Develops a depth of knowledge regarding the design of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and can easily articulate to any stakeholder the virtues of the organization.
Other duties as assigned to support the goals and objectives of GSCI.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS'Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor's degree in related field; Master's degree preferred
• 5-7 years of major gift experience, or related experience indicating significant responsibilities tied to financial goals
• Proven ability to plan and manage giving campaigns while reaching measurable goals and objectives
• Proven understanding and execution of moves management techniques that lead to measurable goals and objectives
• Proven ability to build strategic, multi-level internal and external relationships
• Familiarity, and experience working with various social media platforms
• Experience creating marketing materials and direct mail pieces
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with emphasis on persuasive language
• Efficiency working with Raiser's Edge software and/or willingness to learn
• Proficiency working with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proven ability to work well independently, and alongside various teams
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
• Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com