Director - Still Waters Adult Day Center
- 30-Apr-2020 to 17-Jun-2020
- - Still Waters Adult Day Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits include 9 paid holidays per year, employer sponsored group health insurance plan, elective dental and vision insurance, employer sponsored retirement plan with match, long term disability insurance, 10 hours Personal Time per month for sick/vacation/personal leave.
Are you an experienced, hands-on, not-for-profit leader who is passionate about serving seniors? Do you have the skills and dedication to take a successful adult day center program to the next level? Still Waters Adult Day Center is seeking a new Director due to the retirement of its founding and current Director mid-year.
Still Waters opened in 2011 as a ministry of Castleton United Methodist Church, in northeast Indianapolis. With 9 years of steady growth, we care for between 50 and 60 "guests" at two centers. Still Waters mission is to "Strengthen, support, and provide services for older adults and families throughout their journeys as aging individuals and caregivers." Adult day services are an increasingly vital part of the long term care industry and Still Waters has the potential for significant growth.
Still Waters is seeking an experienced leader who will grow this vibrant ministry with excellence and compassion. You will be responsible for managing an operating budget of $650,000 and a staff of 20.
The Still Waters Director reports to the Director of Operations at Castleton UMC and a volunteer Advisory Board comprised of community, professional, and church members.
The successful candidate will have previously demonstrated these skills:
- High quality care for clients (person-centered practices)
- Support for family caregivers
- Managing financial resources
- Leading his/her staff to be successful team players
Candidates must have 4-5 years' experience in a leadership and supervisory role, as well as strong experience in a senior services environment. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of various entities and regulators in the long term care industry. Familiarity with not for profit and/or faith-based organizational settings is highly desired.
MS Degree in a related field is preferred (Business, Gerontology, Nursing, or Social Work). BS is required.
In addition to strong leadership and management skills, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Strategic skills and the ability to engage in both long and short-term planning
- Attention to detail to manage complex billing tasks and multiple payment sources
- Knowledge of basic accounting and experience using Quick Books and Excel
- Operations and human resources administration experience
- Advocacy and public policy experience and the ability to collaborate with donors, volunteers, funding and regulatory agencies, trade associations, and other community groups
- Experience with budgeting and tracking financial indicators
- Fund raising and marketing experience
- Grant-writing, management and compliance experience
- Experience with managing transportation services (scheduling, billing, vehicle maintenance)
Full-time salaried position
Benefits include 9 paid holidays per year, employer sponsored group health insurance plan, elective dental and vision insurance, employer sponsored retirement plan with match, long term disability insurance, 10 hours Personal Time per month for sick/vacation/personal leave.
Castleton United Methodist Church, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and seeks diverse and inclusive participation in its staff, membership, and clients. The church strives to provide leadership opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, and disability.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Why is this position a great match for you?
2. What experience/knowledge regarding the adult services industry do you bring? What challenges and opportunities do you see? What is your understanding of the role of adult day services in the future of long term care?
3. How has a personal experience influenced or directed your career path?
4. What metrics do you/have you used to measure program or operational performance in your work?
5. Describe a new initiative you successfully implemented – program, event, etc.
6. How have you supported one of your staff members during a challenging time in their personal or professional life?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Travis Tolka, Director of Operations.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com