Multicultural Community Development Coordinator - Indiana Donor Network
- 03-May-2020 to 02-Jun-2020
- - Indiana Donor Network
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits package
Are you looking for an exciting new career opportunity to use your knowledge and skill in a way that saves and enhances lives? The Indiana Donor Network is seeking a Multicultural Community Development Coordinator to join our amazing team.
Over the last 30 years our mission has never wavered: saving and enhancing the quality of life through organ, tissue and eye donation and transplantation. At Indiana Donor Network, you'll be part of something that matters. A mission that turns tragedies into hope and gives thousands a second chance to live their lives fully.
The Multicultural Community Development Coordinator responsible for developing and coordinating education and awareness programs and partnerships with key constituents for the purposes of supporting the integrity of the organ and tissue donation and transplant process in Indiana, promoting public understanding of the on-going need for organ and tissue donation and to increase the number of Indiana registered donors.
• Develops and coordinates public education and awareness in multicultural populations in our community through targeted events and activations
• Responsible for the multicultural Designated Service Area with a focus on: African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Burmese, LGBTQ+ and faith leaders which, as determined by the Manager, Community Development.
• Participates in many Multicultural events including but not limited to; Indy Pride, Indiana Black Expo's Summer Celebration, Indiana Latino Expo and Festival of Faith.
• Participates in projects, committees or initiatives that enhance or improve the overall success or culture of the organization.
• Coordinates social media content with Indiana Donor Network marketing and social media personnel.
• Leads and/or instructs in the Youth Education program.
• Leads the Advocate program.
• Leads the organization's multicultural outreach activities.
• Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates outreach programs, workshops, events, and activities that respond to the needs of multicultural residents in the area of diversity and community outreach.
• Stays abreast of best practices in multi-cultural outreach in donation and transplantation to continually improve our program.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in healthcare (e.g., Public Health, Social Work, Nursing, Health Administration) or Business, or related field. Three to five (3-5) years of experience and proficiency in building relationships within diverse communities preferred. Experience with formation and maintenance of community coalitions a plus.
• Comprehensive health benefits, including medical, dental and vision, beginning the first day of employment
• Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions provided by employer
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with company matching program
• Life insurance paid by employer
• Disability insurance paid by employer
• Employee wellness program
• Employee assistance program
• Generous paid time off (PTO) policy Paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Student loan repayment benefit
• Retention rewards program
• Business casual dress (including jeans on Friday)
• Culture of community and work-life balance
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com